The Blue Note Thread

nigeria repress up for preorder

Yeah, I ended up with 4 different versions of this album and the recent reissue is definitely the worst of them all. I'd say track down the Be With pressing, but it seems everything that goes OOP these days immediately costs $150.
someone mentioned that the BeWith pressing has gone down in price since the VBR came out. I paid $60 for the BeWith a few months ago.

Hutcherson's The Kicker is back in stock on the BN store (and likely elsewhere):
EDIT: Morgan's The Rajah, Blakey's The Witch Doctor and Turrentine's Comin' Your Way are also in there.

Glad to have it back. Had recommended this to some friends only to hear that they couldn't find it.

Hutcherson's The Kicker is back in stock on the BN store (and likely elsewhere):
EDIT: Morgan's The Rajah, Blakey's The Witch Doctor and Turrentine's Comin' Your Way are also in there.
The Kicker was among the hardest TPs to find when I first started collecting them - glad to see that it's back and that I didn't overpay the first time!

nigeria repress up for preorder
Is this going to be available anywhere besides Blue Note direct? Surprised it hasn’t been popping up on other sites.

Is this going to be available anywhere besides Blue Note direct? Surprised it hasn’t been popping up on other sites.
I’m not sure but people have already received their copies from the BN store. Wouldn’t be shocked if the repress is too small to meet demand and not everyone else will get copies alotted

I've seen people asking the same via their IG and no response. I will ask my local when I pop in next week and report back!

I’m not sure but people have already received their copies from the BN store. Wouldn’t be shocked if the repress is too small to meet demand and not everyone else will get copies alotted

My semi-local across the water gor a few copies, one of which I was able to scoop up! I might not see it for a couple of months because they let you build up orders to a free shipping threshold and I just got a shipment this week and am broke, so it'll be a bit until I buy up the rest. Stoked either way, though - I've waited this long so another couple of months is fine!

Hoping Dexter Gordon - One Flight Up gets repressed soon. Had it pre-ordered at my local but never went to pick it up and has been way overpriced since.

Your wish ...

Your wish ...

As a couple others have suggested, this is an absolute gem. My favorite tone poet.

Hoping Dexter Gordon - One Flight Up gets repressed soon. Had it pre-ordered at my local but never went to pick it up and has been way overpriced since.

My local's taking a swing on trying to get one for me. They always come in a couple bucks cheaper, and would much rather support them of course!

Repress

Back