The Blue Note Thread

Repress
BN is so expensive to buy from once you add their tax and shipping fees.
Hopefully this pops up somewhere like Plaid Room.

I don't have confirmation but I saw online that a UK record shop owner has been told that the UK is to only get 300 copies of the Grant Green Nigeria repress due to the limited number.

So, if anyone did miss it that wants a copy I would suggest seeing if you can reserve in advance.

I've had one hell of a great record-related day and managed to get 2 fantastic albums. One of which is an original pressing of Bobby Hutcherson's "Stick-Up!".

I dont usually double up if I can avoid it (I have the Tone Poet pressing) but its such a great album that I couldnt resist!

IMG_8934.JPG

I've had one hell of a great record-related day and managed to get 2 fantastic albums. One of which is an original pressing of Bobby Hutcherson's "Stick-Up!".

I dont usually double up if I can avoid it (I have the Tone Poet pressing) but its such a great album that I couldnt resist!

View attachment 174789
Fantastic album.
Are you planning to compre the two?

Your wish ...

Finally! Can't find it in any European stores yet, but only a matter of time i suppose.

Hutcherson's The Kicker is back in stock on the BN store (and likely elsewhere):
EDIT: Morgan's The Rajah, Blakey's The Witch Doctor and Turrentine's Comin' Your Way are also in there.

Man I was listening to this album after you guys mentioned it. “Hey this reminds me of Idle Moments - Grant Green.” Then I looked at the players on the session….oh that’s why.

Im loving that the later era Lee Morgan albums are being picked up for Tone Poet release rather than the more obvious earlier releases.

Also bias as its the later era stuff that im missing 🤣

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but Grant Green's "Nigeria" is back in the Blue Note store.

Back