The Blue Note Thread

Mono is the way to go with Blue Train, no? If you had to choose between mono and stereo …
It seems to be debatable. Some people do not like the primitive stereo presentation of that era, but others seem to say the stereo sounds better based on previous pressings. I would say plan on grabbing both and sell or move on the one you don't like as much if you do not keep both.

Mono and complete stereo masters versions. Should be available everywhere TPs are I’d imagine

I guess I can wait for the announcement, but are they pressing 2 different versions of Blue Train, mono and stereo? Or is it a 3LP set, one stereo, one mono, one,outtakes?

I guess I can wait for the announcement, but are they pressing 2 different versions of Blue Train, mono and stereo? Or is it a 3LP set, one stereo, one mono, one,outtakes?
see the post above.

Two separate albums. Looks like one mono 1LP pressing of the album, then one 2LP version that has the outtakes which I believe is stereo

Mono and complete stereo masters versions. Should be available everywhere TPs are I’d imagine
Ugh. I am done with this title. I don't think I need to replace my MMJ original, SRX test pressing and AAJ 45RPM, do I?

Ugh. I am done with this title. I don't think I need to replace my MMJ original, SRX test pressing and AAJ 45RPM, do I?
giphy.gif

hehe. i have the classic records stereo pressing and will grab the mono TP. I missed out on all those others so am glad the mono TP is coming out. i have no interest in the stereo + alt takes.

Back