The Blue Note Thread

This one is overall really nice sounding.
Between the disdain for the 75 series and URP pressings, my expectations were low.
But it had Bernie printed on the back of the jacket and I couldn't pass it up at the store.
If you want an inexpensive play copy, worth a grab IMO.

Most of the problems with the 75th anniversary reissues were down to United, but overall, they sound fine. Also, the EU versions were mostly pressed at Optimal, and are generally free of the defects that plagued so many of the United records. I have a handful of these and luckily even the United pressings are all flat and free of noise. I do upgrade when the opportunity arises, but they are solid placeholders. The 10” albums are all pretty good, too.
This needed a few plays to polish the grooves but quite otherwise.

Last edited:
Sniped 6 Pieces Of Silver off Amazon used for $12 with shipping.
Who knows what kind of condition it arrives in...

Keeping an eye out for Preach Brother!! Hearing really good feedback.

Just have to be patient I guess 😊

Picked up Inner Urge for $13 on the Amazon used pile. These are too good to pass up for these prices. Two BNCs for $25 delivered.

Of course, this is about like buying VG+ on the Cogs. Have to wait until it shows up to see what you get. Except you can send these back at least.

Joe Mentions Andrew Hill Dance With Death Tone Poet coming in 2023, among many, many other things including Chet Baker Sings Repress will be coming along with others (after a big tease! lol). Kevin mentions his own label, Coherent is a all tube recording chain.

Joe Mentions Andrew Hill Dance With Death Tone Poet coming in 2023, among many, many other things including Chet Baker Sings Repress will be coming along with others (after a big tease! lol). Kevin mentions his own label, Coherent is a all tube recording chain.

I think I am on this Zoom call tomorrow afternoon

Back