The Blue Note Thread

Cue my ongoing "the latest Tone Poet release is my favourite so far" post

Just listening to Freddie Hubbard - Breaking Point. Ab-sol-utely- amazing!

Catching up on too many purchases, literally every new record I play has an issue I'm thinking maybe need a new stylus. Could be a blessing in disguise, I'm going to tighten the vinyl budget for a few months at least, but I'm getting put off listening to vinyl

I'm thinking this hobby is losing the magic, I'm spending all my time trying to clean records with issues and not listening to the ones I want....... and then I pick out Freddie Hubbard, Breaking Point. I've not heard this one before, I noticed a few comments saying it might not be to everyone's taste.....WOW! what an album, what a pressing, what a session, pure genius, absolute perfection!

I've moved onto Tipping the Scales now, pretty damn slick & funky.

(The moral of this story is forget about all the other records, just get every Tone Poet and life will be good).

Unity is generally regarded as a top and must have BN album and Zoltan one of the best tracks by many.

You will likely recognize Shorter's Footprints from Adam's Apple another quite iconic Blue Note track

I had them running on Qobuz earlier.
Both are sounding good 🎷🎺🎵
If you like Unity I HIGHLY recommend you also grab the BN 80th of Into Somethin' on vinyl while it's still around. It's one of my top 10 jazz albums and one of my top 3 jazz organ albums.

If you like Unity I HIGHLY recommend you also grab the BN 80th of Into Somethin' on vinyl while it's still around. It's one of my top 10 jazz albums and one of my top 3 jazz organ albums.
I've been talking myself out of that sale all day 😉

The Blue Train Tone Poet announcement is tomorrow. Looks like 2 records, 2nd record is 3 takes of Blue Train, 2 of Moment's Notice, and 2 of Lazy Bird.

I already have a really nice Japanese Stereo copy of Blue Train but I think I'll need to add this to the collection.

Back