The Blue Note Thread

Did anyone get the Byrd In Flight TP through yet. I had a look on SHForums to see if we had a 2021 list yet & see a few people complaining :(

I'm expecting my copy any day
I’ve spun mine about 3-4 times and currently just started a spin. Haven’t noticed any issues but will keep an ear out for them this time around.

And yeah, excellent choice for a Tone Poet. I’m having a blast getting acquainted with this one.

Are the Classic Series getting a wider release or will it be limited to the now sold out Blue Note store?
They are available through amazon, target, Udiscover, indie stores, etc. So not just the BN store. In fact, I've got three in my cart right now just waiting (maybe in vain) for another buy 2 get 1 sale.

They are available through amazon, target, Udiscover, indie stores, etc. So not just the BN store. In fact, I've got three in my cart right now just waiting (maybe in vain) for another buy 2 get 1 sale.

Thanks! I'm having trouble finding them here in the UK, but I maybe haven't looked hard enough

Are the Classic Series getting a wider release or will it be limited to the now sold out Blue Note store?

A local has pre-orders up for the next 2 at a very cheap price.

A local has pre-orders up for the next 2 at a very cheap price.

This is amazing! thanks!

Too bad they don't have Sidewinder :(

This is amazing! thanks!

Too bad they don't have Sidewinder :(

Yeah, I had Sidewinder on pre-order when they first announced them. I haven't looked around properly but like you said they sold out at the blue note store & probably cost places in the UK.

I'm sure they will press more & become available again. As they are pressed at Optimal, I'm sure you won't be waiting as long as we are for some of the Tone Poet represses reliant on RTI capacity.

Yeah, I had Sidewinder on pre-order when they first announced them. I haven't looked around properly but like you said they sold out at the blue note store & probably cost places in the UK.

I'm sure they will press more & become available again. As they are pressed at Optimal, I'm sure you won't be waiting as long as we are for some of the Tone Poet represses reliant on RTI capacity.

Yeah, but now I know not to get it for more than like £15. More than happy just waiting until they pop up again.

My copy of the brand-new "Speak No Evil" also arrived today, and I'm really happy with it, sounds fantastic...

IMG_20210115_112627.jpg

In general I have to say I'm really impressed with the Classic series so far, as well as BN80...

Out of the 21 BN80 and 2 Classic that I have so far, nearly all of them arrived in perfect condition and sound amazing, only one was slighty warped. And after cleaning them and replacing their sloppy inner sleeves all is perfect. But I cannot say the same about the TP series... Out of 10 TPs 3 were warped, 2 of those severly, another one had audible pressing issues. But having ordered them from Amazon getting a replacement is no problem, but even one of those came in slightly warped.

I just don't get why people praise RTI that much, I'm not really that happy with them. With Optimal I didn't have those problems (so far)

My copy of the brand-new "Speak No Evil" also arrived today, and I'm really happy with it, sounds fantastic...

View attachment 83960

In general I have to say I'm really impressed with the Classic series so far, as well as BN80...

Out of the 21 BN80 and 2 Classic that I have so far, nearly all of them arrived in perfect condition and sound amazing, only one was slighty warped. And after cleaning them and replacing their sloppy inner sleeves all is perfect. But I cannot say the same about the TP series... Out of 10 TPs 3 were warped, 2 of those severly, another one had audible pressing issues. But having ordered them from Amazon getting a replacement is no problem, but even one of those came in slightly warped.

I just don't get why people praise RTI that much, I'm not really that happy with them. With Optimal I didn't have those problems (so far)
RTI used to be amazing but they became the go-to for lots of audiophile labels and pressings and now seem to be overworked and QC is suffering. I personally haven’t had a single issue with RTI in the past year but I know lots who have sadly. And a large number of pressings I get from optimal have been awful over the years but they started getting better.

trying to sort through my records a little, I have lots of organising & loads of cleaning to do. But got distracted by the new classic arrivals. I thought I would do a quick comparison of my DaAgsotini (33/13 series) Speak no evil & the KG Classic release.

I though I would listen to the 33 1/3 first. Listened to maybe the first minute before switching and thought, that sounds really good. Put the Classic on and spent 5 minutes trying to decide of it was recorded at a different session. You can hear it's the same song but sounds so different. I'll do a proper comparison later & compare different tracks, but I'm blown away by the KG press it's stunning.

I did listen to Song for my Father last night sounded great, but I had some problems with side 2. I haven't cleaned it yet though. I'm sure a good Clean will sort it out.

On the point of RTI & Optimal, out of this weeks arrivals I'm having some issues with both. The Bird in Flight has some loud pops on first listen, song for my father has issues, I'm sure both will be fine after a proper clean. I nearly had to get the scissors out to extract the Horace Silver disc from the shit paper sleeve. (If we could harness the power from these sleeves we might solve the energy crisis).

Screenshot 2021-01-16 at 13.13.29.png

Back