The Blue Note Thread

Who ended up getting the Moanin pressing on ebay?
Well one of you outbid me on Moanin' :sneaky:

I was luckily in meetings all afternoon, so I couldn't get caught up in the auction.
That was me! I couldn't stop thinking about how the mono probably sounds even better than the stereo version. I now can reveal that there is another copy I also bid on as a backup if anyone is still interested (I'm still the high bidder on this one as well so please bid!): ART BLAKEY and The Jazz Messengers MONO LP Blue Note 4003 RVG ear DG | eBay

That was me! I couldn't stop thinking about how the mono probably sounds even better than the stereo version.
Glad its going to a good home. Sadly the other one looks like the cover was sitting in a flooded basement. I know I could swap it out for a better cover at some point. But when a dealer lists that as VG then I wonder about the quality of the vinyl itself.
Oh well, I did win an original Head Hunter for a nice price so I am still happy.

Glad its going to a good home. Sadly the other one looks like the cover was sitting in a flooded basement. I know I could swap it out for a better cover at some point. But when a dealer lists that as VG then I wonder about the quality of the vinyl itself.
Oh well, I did win an original Head Hunter for a nice price so I am still happy.
A VG mono should play quite well! In theory at least...

I saw an original BN posted the other week where the cover was wavy and someone had clearly spilled an entire cup of coffee on it and the seller had it listed as VG+ hah. The prices were really good and it said the vinyl was also VG+ but it definitely gave me pause and I decided against bidding on anything the seller had.

I love Superfly and buy a lot of v well priced African stuff from them but I've never seen stuff as expensive in their Blue Note sale right now. Superfly Records - Bossa, MPB, Soul, Funk, Jazz, Latin, Afro, Tropical, Disco
I was putting my info in for the Wayne shorter and Don cherry and as I pressed the final button the Shorter was snapped up by someone else 😭. Never going to get a good copy at this rate, it’s the third time I have lost it at the last second haha

I was putting my info in for the Wayne shorter and Don cherry and as I pressed the final button the Shorter was snapped up by someone else 😭. Never going to get a good copy at this rate, it’s the third time I have lost it at the last second haha
Which Shorter ya looking for?

Back