The Blue Note Thread

My first Tone Poet, Wayne Shorter - Etcetera, should be here on Monday! I have a feeling I'm gonna want to get them all once this arrives and I give it a listen.
IMO that's the best of the bunch thus far - enjoy!

For the sake of my wallet, as the rest get released over the year in pairs, I'm trying to pick just the one I prefer more. So, Cornbread over Mr. Shing-a-ling, for example.

For the sake of my wallet, as the rest get released over the year in pairs, I'm trying to pick just the one I prefer more. So, Cornbread over Mr. Shing-a-ling, for example.
Oof good luck. The coming months feature some of the best albums imo. Especially the Andrew Hill/Kenny Burrell and Grant Green/Tina Brooks months. I need them all :sneaky:

@pijo found an insta from Blue Note that they are releasing a 2LP 70th anniversary reissue of Birth of the Cool (from the analogue tapes) and that it includes the live set from Royal Roost ‘48.

The release has been added to the 2019-20 Jazz Reissue (Needles & Grooves) spreadsheet.

BTW - Blue Note says the release is on June 7, but Amazon is listing it as May 31.

@pijo found an insta from Blue Note that they are releasing a 2LP 70th anniversary reissue of Birth of the Cool (from the analogue tapes) and that it includes the live set from Royal Roost ‘48.

The release has been added to the 2019-20 Jazz Reissue (Needles & Grooves) spreadsheet.

BTW - Blue Note says the release is on June 7, but Amazon is listing it as May 31.
pre-ordered! Thanks, @stpaulbrowns

My jazz collection and my bank account have an inverse relationship. :rolleyes:

Oof good luck. The coming months feature some of the best albums imo. Especially the Andrew Hill/Kenny Burrell and Grant Green/Tina Brooks months. I need them all :sneaky:
Ack... you're right😨

Well, maybe with impulse purchases from that club-that-shall-not-be-named potentially dropping, there'll be more room in the budget for Tone Poet, hehehe.

As someone who has most of them, don’t have the Cassandra Wilson yet and will have my Gil Evans by Tuesday, Etcetera is my favorite as well. But I’ve also fallen deep within the Shorter rabbit hole this year so I’m biased. But damn is there some fantastic playing on that one.

Herbie + Wayne = Magic

Guys, get in on this thread. In two moves we can control the board with Blue Note records.

Any love for Don Cherry - Brown Rice? It's just been reissued on Blue Note.
It's a bit different, a bit afroey, a bit fusion, a bit spiritual but pretty good for combining it all. 1082

Also, is Don Cherry the coolest Jazz name?...

Yeah, me too. I spend a pleasant weekend cross referencing the Tone Poet and BN80 releases with the bible to see which ones would take precedent and maybe get an alternative by the same artist when there was a badly rated one.

It does help that they're not limited otherwise FOMO would have stepped in!

The bible!

Yeah, me too. I spend a pleasant weekend cross referencing the Tone Poet and BN80 releases with the bible to see which ones would take precedent and maybe get an alternative by the same artist when there was a badly rated one.

It does help that they're not limited otherwise FOMO would have stepped in!

The bible!
View attachment 1083

I find this funny because I am watching the Adam West and Burt Ward Batman series right now

Back