GAME: Follow This! Not Just A Game, A Challenge

Doctor_of_Jazz

Lets play a game. Someone post a picture of their "now playing" record and then it's up to someone else to play another album with a musician who has something in common with that record. Example... I could play Miles Davis' Bitches Brew. Someone else plays Return To Forever's No Mystery (Chick Corea in common), someone else plays Al Di Meola Splendido Hotel (Di Meola was on the No Mystery LP), etc... and see how long we can keep it going.

Each post should be a picture of the album playing, and contain an artist in common with the previous one. If ANYONE else thinks this could be fun, post what you are playing, and let's watch the excitement unfold. Could be fun to watch genre's change as we have artists that cover different styles.

I used to play a game like this on Turntable.fm (RIP :cry:) on BookFace. It was using letters from the now playing song, next song had to have at least a similar string of letters in it I think. I'd play until like 4-5 in the morning. It was amazing.
Oh man, turntable.fm was one of my favorite internet things. We’re talking 2011-2012 right? Think it went down in 2013 if I’m remembering right.

Used to spend my Sundays in the Grateful Dead room (“Goin’ to Church”). Used to hang out in the hip hop rooms a lot too. I was DJ Bubbles on there. Hope we crossed paths.

Sam Rivers ‎– Contours

View attachment 1132
A4vVtII.jpg

Oh man, turntable.fm was one of my favorite internet things. We’re talking 2011-2012 right? Think it went down in 2013 if I’m remembering right.

Used to spend my Sundays in the Grateful Dead room (“Goin’ to Church”). Used to hang out in the hip hop rooms a lot too. I was DJ Bubbles on there. Hope we crossed paths.

Yes and sadly yeah it closed down in 2013. I was in the hip hop rooms a lot too, I'm sure we probably crossed paths. I was probably Badfishn at the time but don't really remember. One thing I clearly remember about the HH rooms was a group of Danny Brown fans that would call him the best rapper ever and play stuff from The Hybrid. Reallly should have bought that on vinyl when I had the chance.

Don't need to look very far here. The hype sticker on this Jack Wilkins records identifies parts of the track were sampled by the Tribe. Wondering if anyone can get us out of this path I've taken?

View attachment 1486
I can move us forward if no one has any of these:

Yeah, I don't have any of them

I mean, I could post anything being as that bottom dude stole my name!

Back