The Blue Note Thread

Just got my Anthology box in. Looks like USPS dropped a fork lift blade on it. 🤦‍♂️ 50+ VMP shipments and, of course, this had to be the first one I've ever gotten in damaged. It was packed up really well. Would've been fine under normal conditions. Gonna have to get a replacement. 🤞

View attachment 1421
Man this had to be such a bummer to see. Glad they are on top of the replacements. Just got my shipping notice today and am a bit anxious.

Just got my Anthology box in. Looks like USPS dropped a fork lift blade on it. 🤦‍♂️ 50+ VMP shipments and, of course, this had to be the first one I've ever gotten in damaged. It was packed up really well. Would've been fine under normal conditions. Gonna have to get a replacement. 🤞

View attachment 1421
Damn. Were the records damaged at all? I really hope mine doesn’t get damaged in shipping. I could literally just swing by HQ and pick mine up if that was an option :p

Damn. Were the records damaged at all? I really hope mine doesn’t get damaged in shipping. I could literally just swing by HQ and pick mine up if that was an option :p

I haven't busted the shrink. Waiting on a response from VMP to see if I should. Like I said, they're packed up real good inside. As I was taking it out, I thought I'd be good, seeing the way it was wrapped up. Something just pressed down super hard on it, I guess. I get records in the mail all the time and have had a less than 1% damage rate. Just a freak thing that happened to this most precious one.

Is there any reason to get the 45 of 33 for any of the MM releases?
I just played a 45 and a 33 back to back last night (different titles so a bit hard to compare) but for the price difference on some of these, my personal opinion is that they both sound great and might not be worth the 45RPM price unless A) it's an album you TRULY love, B) you have a really good setup where you think you would notice the smaller differences. I'm very happy with the 33RPM I got (Ready for Freddie by Freddie Hubbard) for what it's worth. It sounds amazing.

I’ll comment later:

So...
Horace is Flat, Dexter has a slight dish, nothing the michell doesn’t correct.

The jackets are nice heavy stoughton tip on. The box is nice (will go in closet with the rest)

Packed very well.

As @johnpisme says, they screwed up the back cover of Dexter, they used the cover from a cd reissue, so the provenance is wrong on the jacket. Cause you know, details are important.

Finally, most important... they sound amazing.

The Horace is weird and will take some getting used to. The Dexter is right in that soft spot of Hard Bop that I love.

So...

The jackets are nice heavy stoughton tip on. The box is nice (will go in closet with the rest)

Packed very well.

As @johnpisme says, they screwed up the back cover of Dexter, they used the cover from a cd reissue, so the provenance is wrong on the jacket. Cause you know, details are important.

The Horace is weird and will take some getting used to. The Dexter is right in that soft spot of Hard Bop that I love.

wrong labels on Horace too unless it is stereo

So...

Packed very well.

The silver lining is that they sound amazing but still terrible oversights by the design team. Those are giant oversights for this product.

Alright, one more comment on VMP today... I can’t tag any of staff In the god damn blue note group but I see other people doing it... thanks for making me a part of the community you forks...

My post got removed because I gave Clay props but they misread it and removed it, apologized that they did but aren't going to put it back

Remember the community is gonna be better!!!
I reposted it removing the Clay tag, we will see
It’s a shame cause they have great taste in music and are awful at follow trough and, well, business.
I know, it is getting to the point where the curation isn't worth the other trouble

The silver lining is that they sound amazing but still terrible oversights by the design team. Those are giant oversights for this product.
At the price it cost, an oversight like this is inexcusable. Blowing it off and saying "totally meant to do that, yo" is just begging your customers to never take you seriously and lose any interest in the next Anthology.

The whole cover thing is pretty slack for sure. I’ve never been one to obsess too much over a cover, but this misprint does take away for the “curated experience” as it comes across sloppy. However, I really enjoyed the accompanying podcast that came along with it, which I guess makes up for the cover to me.

Also, getting through the Silver title and am enjoying it. Not a top Blue Note by any means, but it’s always cool to see artists (Blakey and Silver) on the verge of becoming who they will be known to be.

Back