The Blue Note Thread

Keep it steady.
She's coming down real nice boys...

Keep it steady.

crap packing included free

So did it sound different?
Sort of. More that the soundstage sounds wider but flatter. When I listen to a mono recording without the mono switch on my old Marantz sounds fine, just that it sounds like all the musicians are right in front of me. With the switch on, especially with RVG records, the musicians sound more distinct and spread out around the room. Hard to explain.

Sort of. More that the soundstage sounds wider but flatter. When I listen to a mono recording without the mono switch on my old Marantz sounds fine, just that it sounds like all the musicians are right in front of me. With the switch on, especially with RVG records, the musicians sound more distinct and spread out around the room. Hard to explain.

On my system, I think newer LPs, it less apparent.
The older LPs output seem to react to channel summing more than a newer cut record.

The Soul Samba landed.
I think the 45RPM did this one justice and unveils the sound on a BN more than most of my other TPs.

It's sounds more wide open comparatively to other BN releases I own.

The jacket is just a normal slip cover. No gatefold surprisingly.
View attachment 148460
mckayla_not.jpeg

huge sale over at udiscover again... most tone poets + BN classics + Acoustic Sounds reissues are included. Today only I believe...

Tone poets are down to $23. BN classics are around $16.

Buy 2, Get 20%OFF All Vinyl
Use Code: VINYL20

Buy 3, Get 30%OFF All Vinyl
Use Code: VINYL30

Buy 4+, Get 40%OFF All Vinyl
Use Code: VINYL40

The Soul Samba landed.
I think the 45RPM did this one justice and unveils the sound on a BN more than most of my other TPs.

It's sounds more wide open comparatively to other BN releases I own.

The jacket is just a normal slip cover. No gatefold surprisingly.
View attachment 148460
I was able to secure a copy at retail from my friend today. Super happy to have this one.

Keep it steady.

I noticed T raised the ST price back to $55 from $45.

Glad to lock in at $33

Back