The Blue Note Thread

Cross post from my entry at Reddit comparing NY to UA audio of Art Blakey's Moanin'. Thought some of ya'll may be interested.
Oh man, you’re xberry on Reddit?
Very cool, I’ve bought a few records from you.
Really great experience actually.
I have this same username on there.
Thank you again, by the way. 👍

They are both on Amazon for about $35, which seems pricey compared to the others, but maybe it will drop before shipping.
So far every tone poet has been set at that price and has gone down to the 30 range w/ tax. I put the order in when they are announced because sometimes you can get lucky without having to do any work. For example, Cornbread dipped around 21 early on and was corrected relatively quickly, but o have it coming to me for that much. So I think you are safe buying now and getting it for its lowest price

Was able to snag Japanese King pressings of Kenny Dorham's Una Mas and Byrd's The Cat Walk and an early RVG pressing of Blakey and the Jazz Messenger's Jazz Corner of the World on ebay for a total of $80! All in supposedly very good condition. Fingers crossed they show up that way!

Was able to snag Japanese King pressings of Kenny Dorham's Una Mas and Byrd's The Cat Walk and an early RVG pressing of Blakey and the Jazz Messenger's Jazz Corner of the World on ebay for a total of $80! All in supposedly very good condition. Fingers crossed they show up that way!
Plan on taking the day off when those babies come in. Great stuff!!!!

Speaking of Moanin’ does anyone have a good budget pressing they recommend? Keep having bad luck when it comes to buying blue note jazz pressings in stores lol. Had a Blue Note 75 Sidewinder pressing that projected a very bizarre electric sounding distortion at the high ends, ended up returning it.

If anyone is interested in a free 75th Anniversary copy of Art Blakey & the Jazz Messengers - Free for All, I'd suggest maybe checking the PIF thread in exactly 30 minutes from now....
The inside scoop! I have claimed too much this month, I will enjoy watching the PIF go up though :). Jazz PIFs are always the most exciting

If anyone is interested in a free 75th Anniversary copy of Art Blakey & the Jazz Messengers - Free for All, I'd suggest maybe checking the PIF thread in exactly 30 minutes from now....
I don't know why I thought I'd be on time... lol.

Edit: I do have reliable information that a copy of Speak No Evil should be appearing in that thread in just over a week's time.

Last edited:
Back