The Blue Note Thread

Talk about a great line-up

We’re proud to present the Blue Note Classic Vinyl Reissue Series, a continuation of our acclaimed Blue Note 80 Vinyl Reissue Series which was launched in celebration of our 80th anniversary in 2019. The Classic Series will once again feature all-analog 180g vinyl pressings in standard packaging that are mastered by Kevin Gray directly from the original master tapes and manufactured at Optimal in Germany.

Classic Vinyl Reissue Series – Release Schedule:

December 4, 2020

January 15, 2020
  • Horace Silver – Song for My Father
  • Wayne Shorter – Speak No Evil
February 12, 2020
  • Cannonball Adderley – Somethin’ Else
  • Joe Henderson – Page One
March 12, 2021
  • Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers – Moanin’
  • Hank Mobley – Soul Station
April 9, 2021
  • Sonny Clark – Cool Struttin’
  • Jimmy Smith – Back At The Chicken Shack
May 14, 2021
  • Dexter Gordon – GO!
  • Eric Dolphy – Out To Lunch
June 11, 2021
  • Grant Green – Idle Moments
  • Kenny Burrell – Midnight Blue
July 9, 2021
  • Freddie Hubbard – Ready for Freddie
  • Herbie Hancock – Maiden Voyage

YES. So happy I never caved on the MMJ pressings (besides a copy of Blue Train while back). Ive been waiting for this series from Blue Note.

+1 on the incredible BN80 quality. I have almost every tone poet the BN80 are mostly on the same level or close (I have about a dozen of those). The packaging is more standard but thats the only big noticeable difference. Blue Note is killing it and so happy these classics are back in their non-greedy, music loving hands for reissuing.

With the lockdown I have been buying all of my Blue Note reissues through Amazon.ca. Sadly they have really messed with Product Details, so every time I buy one of these Classics reissues I am going to be worried that they will send me a BN75 instead.

We’re proud to present the Blue Note Classic Vinyl Reissue Series, a continuation of our acclaimed Blue Note 80 Vinyl Reissue Series which was launched in celebration of our 80th anniversary in 2019. The Classic Series will once again feature all-analog 180g vinyl pressings in standard packaging that are mastered by Kevin Gray directly from the original master tapes and manufactured at Optimal in Germany.

December 4, 2020

January 15, 2020
February 12, 2020
March 12, 2021
April 9, 2021
May 14, 2021
  • Dexter Gordon – GO!
June 11, 2021
July 9, 2021
woahhh , is it March yet??

Time to update the spreadsheet!

I've been holding off getting Midnight Blue. Glad I did. April is going to be great as those were two I held off getting as well.

Oh and those poor Herbie Anthology folks that got excited for the Kevin Gray Maiden Voyage.

Last edited:
Time to update the spreadsheet!

I've been holding off getting Midnight Blue. Glad I did. April is going to be great as those were two I held off getting as well.

Oh and those poor Herbie Anthology folks that got excited for the Kevin Gray Maiden Voyage.
Big thanks for doing this!!

I still think the Herbie Box is going to be great. Funnily enough though, Maiden Voyage is the one album from the set that I have (OG Mono) and I was going to 'swap' that out for a copy of Mwandishi anyway.

These BN titles in the new list are fantastic! Looks like they are finally pressing decent but affordable copies of the big hitters.

December 4, 2020

January 15, 2020
February 12, 2020
March 12, 2021
April 9, 2021
May 14, 2021
  • Dexter Gordon – GO!
June 11, 2021
July 9, 2021

This is great but I would have preferred those releases to be reissues in the TP way, gatefold and all that stuff. That being said, I'll buy each and every release from this serie 🔥

EDIT: it is probably a gentleman agreement with MM to reissue these classics with standatd sleeves though.

December 4, 2020

January 15, 2020
February 12, 2020
March 12, 2021
April 9, 2021
May 14, 2021
  • Dexter Gordon – GO!
June 11, 2021
July 9, 2021
GREEAAAAT NEWS! I'm all in for Real Mccoy, Speak No Evil, Idle Moments, Out to Lunch and Somethin Else. :love:

@NathanRicaud must be super upset, though :ROFLMAO:

YES. So happy I never caved on the MMJ pressings (besides a copy of Blue Train while back). Ive been waiting for this series from Blue Note.

+1 on the incredible BN80 quality. I have almost every tone poet the BN80 are mostly on the same level or close (I have about a dozen of those). The packaging is more standard but thats the only big noticeable difference. Blue Note is killing it and so happy these classics are back in their non-greedy, music loving hands for reissuing.

Yeah, this is great news. And definitely takes away the sting of missing some of these as MMJ SRX titles.

December 4, 2020

January 15, 2020
February 12, 2020
March 12, 2021
April 9, 2021
May 14, 2021
  • Dexter Gordon – GO!
June 11, 2021
July 9, 2021
This is exactly what I was hoping for! I’ll be picking up most of these (if not all)

December 4, 2020

January 15, 2020
February 12, 2020
March 12, 2021
April 9, 2021
May 14, 2021
  • Dexter Gordon – GO!
June 11, 2021
July 9, 2021
As much as I don't need another Target sale...c'mon another Target sale!

Best news I have heard all week. Absolute classics and I love that they aren't being put out as limited pressings. Will be picking up almost all of these, my gf is about to get some BN75s I am sure she won't mind. Curious if they will do something else after this run. I am sure these will sell too well not to keep it going. Bring on the weird late 60's shiz

I'm in for these six... especially the Silver and Shorter to replace BN75s. (y)
December 4, 2020
January 15, 2020

April 9, 2021
May 14, 2021

July 9, 2021

Best news I have heard all week. Absolute classics and I love that they aren't being put out as limited pressings. Will be picking up almost all of these, my gf is about to get some BN75s I am sure she won't mind. Curious if they will do something else after this run. I am sure these will sell too well not to keep it going. Bring on the weird late 60's shiz

BN says The first 16 titles of the Classic Series will focus on the enduring classics so I assume more will come after these.

Back