The Blue Note Thread

Well no reply from MMJ about my random refund so I'm throwing this out there:

Anyone looking to flip their records, PM me. You can line up a reliable buyer right now. I'm willing to pay.
I’m holding out hope that you’ll still get it. But it sucks that they haven’t responded. I don’t have any shipping notice or anything yet but I ordered late. I almost ordered Midnight Blue In case someone else couldn’t get it but when I saw most people here got their orders in, I took it out of my cart.

I’m holding out hope that you’ll still get it. But it sucks that they haven’t responded. I don’t have any shipping notice or anything yet but I ordered late. I almost ordered Midnight Blue In case someone else couldn’t get it but when I saw most people here got their orders in, I took it out of my cart.

I got my shipping notice late last night.

Also @botherly --did you post on the music matters facebook page about it? If you don't have a facebook, I will happily do so for you to try to get some answers for ya...they seem pretty quick to respond to any negative feedback on there...

Also @botherly --did you post on the music matters facebook page about it? If you don't have a facebook, I will happily do so for you to try to get some answers for ya...they seem pretty quick to respond to any negative feedback on there...

Oh yeah that didn't occur to me-- I should do that. Maybe message the page first then post publicly.

Oh yeah that didn't occur to me-- I should do that. Maybe message the page first then post publicly.
Yea--not sure if you can message John Dark if you aren't friends (might be the best move though) but if not message MM. I think you'd get a quicker response that way. And if they don't answer, then make a public post.

Hmm...you get a response but @botherly didn't?

They saw my message on Facebook at 11am this morning, haven't responded all day.

Something's up. I kinda think they're ignoring me for some insane reason.

edit: I'm just being paranoid. Sorry I hijacked this thread! I'm going to stop complaining now.

But seriously if anyone plans on flipping their titles, I'm probably your guy, lol.

Last edited:
They saw my message on Facebook at 11am this morning, haven't responded all day.

edit: I'm just being paranoid. Sorry I hijacked this thread! I'm going to stop complaining now.

But seriously if anyone plans on flipping their titles, I'm probably your guy, lol.
You'll be fine. If not, I will probably be selling my "regular" MM press of Midnight Blue.

No worries. I say if they don't respond by tomorrow, then post publicly on their page about it. You've been patient and tried to get in contact multiple times via different avenues. It's kinda crazy that they won't respond and would suck if they run out of copies and don't give you any. You ordered way before most of us here did, so you shouldn't be getting your copies cancelled.

I know these are not Blue Notes, but they seem to be in-line with the Tone Poet releases so some of you guys might be interested (if you havent already seen my post in the Pre-Order or Jazz threads:

A vinyl shop I have bought from in the past sent out this info regarding the Acoustic Sounds reissue series. He has them priced at £35 each (he prices Tone Poets at £37 so its comparable). Im going to be waiting from them to hopefully drop in price personally. I haven't paid near £30 for a Tone Poet yet so hoping these drop as well.

Acoustic Sounds Audiophile Vinyl Reissue Series:

July 31 / Verve Records
· Stan Getz and João Gilberto – Getz/Gilberto (1964) 00602508688027
· Louis Armstrong and Oscar Peterson – Louis Armstrong Meets Oscar Peterson (1959) 00602508687853

August 28 / Impulse! Records
· John Coltrane – Ballads (1963) 00602508889301
· John Coltrane – A Love Supreme (1964) 00602508889288

September 25 / Philips Records
· Nina Simone – I Put A Spell On You (1965) 00602507274658
· Nina Simone – Pastel Blues (1965) 00602507190828

October 30 / EmArcy Records
· Sarah Vaughan – Sarah Vaughan (with Clifford Brown) (1954) 00602507352578
· Clifford Brown and Max Roach – Study In Brown (1955) 00602507352448

December 4 / Decca Records
· Peggy Lee – Black Coffee (1956)
· George Russell – New York, N.Y. (1959)

I know these are not Blue Notes, but they seem to be in-line with the Tone Poet releases so some of you guys might be interested (if you havent already seen my post in the Pre-Order or Jazz threads:

A vinyl shop I have bought from in the past sent out this info regarding the Acoustic Sounds reissue series. He has them priced at £35 each (he prices Tone Poets at £37 so its comparable). Im going to be waiting from them to hopefully drop in price personally. I haven't paid near £30 for a Tone Poet yet so hoping these drop as well.

July 31 / Verve Records
· Louis Armstrong and Oscar Peterson – Louis Armstrong Meets Oscar Peterson (1959) 00602508687853

They are essentially the Impulse version of Tone Poets. These will be stellar. Highly recommend. Finding clean OG Impulse records can be more difficult than Blue Notes.

July 31 / Verve Records

Already pre-ordered Louis/Oscar, Getz/Gilberto, and A Love Supreme. Really hoping they get around to reissuing Art Blakey!!! Jazz Messengers!!! I’ve been looking for a good copy of that for a while to no avail. AP actually pressed a 45RPM version so I feel like it’s not to distant a jump for them to do 33RPM for this series.

Not to add fuel to the fire, but I've emailed them multiple times throughout the years and never have gotten a reply. Also tried emailing them, as well as facebook messaging them, last week to ask if I could add a few records to my SRX order. That way I could save on shipping costs to Europe. Didn't hear back, either by e-mail or through Facebook.

Luckily did get my tracking number yesterday, so at least Midnight Blue is on the way.

Anyone know anything about the BN80 series ending? I just saw the Blue Note newsletter mentioned that this last batch was the finale or whatever. I hope BN80 isn't ending, or they replace it with something similar. I honestly think BN80 was as good as Tone Poets or better, since they're less expensive and really sound just as good. If they put out classic Blue Notes in the BN80 style, I think they'd sell SO many copies. Shame they reissued a ton of those during their 75 run.

Back