The Blue Note Thread

Didnt mean any offence (just in case I caused some). My gripe isn't really with this kind of discussion going on now, as you both are clearly chatting from a viewpoint of enjoying the series (whether it be now or an earlier time) and discussing what could be better etc (which is great when someone like me comes along having never bought from them and therefore don't know much about the situation). My gripe is those people that you just know went on the forum/page/social-media page to shit on whatever the release was without ever really being interested in it.

I guess the reason I bring it up is that I saw it happen earlier on a FB page. Someone was showing off their 'Donald Byrd – Byrd Jazz' artisan series record from Sams Records. I ordered from Sams for the first time the other day and I'm really excited so decided to read the comments. The guy that posted wrote a beautiful write-up about how great of a release it was, how the pressing is superb, the hand-printed cover was amazing, and how happy he was to finally have a copy as the original is mega money. This other guy responds by berating him for spending 100Euro on the record, saying Sams should be ashamed of themselves for selling at that price, and how he would just use the money to buy an original pressing of something else. It was totally uncalled for and the guy who bought the record was clearly loving it yet some troll decides to try and muddy that. I'm ranting now but it just really annoyed me as there was no need for it, the troll clearly had no intention of ever buying it anyway.
None taken, just calling myself out. :ROFLMAO:

I agree that that guy was a jerk. It is one thing to criticize a company's practices, but shaming people for enjoying their products is crummy.

Anyone else wake up to a refund from MM this morning for the cost of the SRX titles? No other info, just a paypal refund....

A few people in the Music Matters thread on the Steve Hoffman forums are reporting the same.

A few people in the Music Matters thread on the Steve Hoffman forums are reporting the same.

One of those posts is from me, and I think there's one other. If they're canceling my order for some reason, I'm going to be pretty upset. This was like the first vinyl drop in a while that I was really excited about and I snatched them both up really fast, way before they sold out.

One of those posts is from me, and I think there's one other. If they're canceling my order for some reason, I'm going to be pretty upset. This was like the first vinyl drop in a while that I was really excited about and I snatched them both up really fast, way before they sold out.

That would truly suck if they cancelled your order. Hope it's all a misunderstanding.

Noooo! I hope it’s a misunderstanding/error. To look at it half glass full...maybe you’re getting a free one?

Hah yeah right. Hoffman thinks they oversold, but I don't know why they'd cancel my order if that were the case. I got in there fast.

I'm upset about it, but I guess if I am getting screwed then I'll pay flipper prices for these two. Or maybe Carol will make it right, we will see.

Hah yeah right. Hoffman thinks they oversold, but I don't know why they'd cancel my order if that were the case. I got in there fast.

I'm upset about it, but I guess if I am getting screwed then I'll pay flipper prices for these two. Or maybe Carol will make it right, we will see.
I have a feeling it’s just a screwup. Hoping Carol gets you sorted. They do usually have backup copies for exchanges so hoping if they did oversell she can give you one of those. You ordered it so early that it would make no sense if they cancelled yours.

Guys with experience emailing MMJ: How long should I wait before I start getting anxious? Emailed this morning and still haven't heard back, but I know it's just one person running the whole show more or less.

Guys with experience emailing MMJ: How long should I wait before I start getting anxious? Emailed this morning and still haven't heard back, but I know it's just one person running the whole show more or less.
Sometimes it takes a few days. It's literally Ron and Carol and I'm sure they're swamped getting shipments packed, etc. She will eventually respond.

Can't speak to how long it might take, but I'm confident you'll get a response.

Thanks guys! I'll be patient, just anxious. I hear horror stories about MMJ all the time and I'm not confident that this'll work out for me, but fingers crossed anyway.

Thanks guys! I'll be patient, just anxious. I hear horror stories about MMJ all the time and I'm not confident that this'll work out for me, but fingers crossed anyway.
The horror stories are more product and marketing stuff, price gouging, etc. Their actual product and customer service are typically great. I actually just got a shipping notice so I am guessing Carol is busy with that at the moment.

For anybody who missed out on the SRX, this listing for Classic Records pressing oseems like a pretty good deal on eBay:

The AP is still in stock at acoustic sounds I think around the same price too.

For anybody who missed out on the SRX, this listing for Classic Records pressing oseems like a pretty good deal on eBay:

The AP is still in stock at acoustic sounds I think around the same price too.

Heck, maybe I'll just buy that and save myself some freaking money.

Still haven't heard back from Carol. And there are a few people on Hoffman with the same issue. It's really bizarre. I kind of doubt we're going to end up getting the records, though. This much silence is never a good sign, even if they are busy. They definitely monitor that thread at the very least.

Heck, maybe I'll just buy that and save myself some freaking money.

Still haven't heard back from Carol. And there are a few people on Hoffman with the same issue. It's really bizarre. I kind of doubt we're going to end up getting the records, though. This much silence is never a good sign, even if they are busy. They definitely monitor that thread at the very least.
I didn’t get a cancellation but I also haven’t gotten shipping notice...hope you get yours! That’s a pretty good deal on the eBay listing though it seems. I would have gone for it if I didn’t just buy the AP. I’d rather have the 33 than the 45 though.

I didn’t get a cancellation but I also haven’t gotten shipping notice...hope you get yours! That’s a pretty good deal on the eBay listing though it seems. I would have gone for it if I didn’t just buy the AP. I’d rather have the 33 than the 45 though.

Do you think the MMJ pressing from 2014 of Midnight Blue is going to be any better than that Classics Records pressing you mentioned? And do you think the SRX is going to be significantly better than either?

Do you think the MMJ pressing from 2014 of Midnight Blue is going to be any better than that Classics Records pressing you mentioned? And do you think the SRX is going to be significantly better than either?
I have the 2014 MMJ press. I would expect the Classics press to be equally as good. The SRX should be even better based on the ones I already have. There simply is no noise floor. I don’t know how they do it. The regular MMJ press is still phenomenal though.

I don't have any SRX yet so hard to compare. Some people say the MMJ is better than the Classics Records pressing, but SRX is better than all. I personally love the Classics Records and AP pressings I have of Blue Note though.

Back