The Blue Note Thread

From the Music Matters FB:

Coming Saturday, May 2, 11 a.m. Pacific, new SRX releases from Music Matters Jazz
- Lee Morgan, Sidewinder
- Cannonball Adderley, Somethin' Else
Note: International shipments from last month have taken at least 30 days to leave California from the time we have given them to the post office. US shipment times have been mixed.
Albums will be listed as "out of stock" until the release time.

https://www.musicmattersjazz.com/category-s/121.htm

Coming Saturday, May 2, 11 a.m. Pacific, new SRX releases from Music Matters Jazz
- Lee Morgan, Sidewinder
Note: International shipments from last month have taken at least 30 days to leave California from the time we have given them to the post office. US shipment times have been mixed.

Thanks for the heads up. Really want to get that Somethin Else!

Shared this on the Fresh Grabs, but thought you guys would appreciate todays pick up. Never thought I would see a first mono copy of this, yet alone own one. I managed to get this at a great price and its in such fantastic condition, listening now and apart from a few crackles at the beginning its just sounds incredible!

Lee Morgan ‎– City Lights (Blue Note, 1957 First Mono Pressing)

IMG_6426.JPG

Shared this on the Fresh Grabs, but thought you guys would appreciate todays pick up. Never thought I would see a first mono copy of this, yet alone own one. I managed to get this at a great price and its in such fantastic condition, listening now and apart from a few crackles at the beginning its just sounds incredible!

Lee Morgan ‎– City Lights (Blue Note, 1957 First Mono Pressing)

View attachment 43736
Would love to see this as a Tone Poet reissue!

- Lee Morgan, Sidewinder

If anyone grabs Sidewinder and wants to sell a non-BN 75 version to help subsidize your purchase hit me up!!

So I got a similar email, but with an unspecified shipping date. They gave me expedited shipping on my order and a code for 40% off another TP release.

Interesting. I placed my order on March 14 and there are four other records being held up with Money Jungle (their free shipping caveat was that everything ships only when the pre-order becomes available). Haven't seen any coupons....

Interesting. I placed my order on March 14 and there are four other records being held up with Money Jungle (their free shipping caveat was that everything ships only when the pre-order becomes available). Haven't seen any coupons....

none of my records were preorder. Mine were ordered during the 30% off sale. The record they note was the Sam Rivers record.it also mentioned the manufacturing plant being closed.

Last edited:
Back