The Blue Note Thread

I'm not gonna lie, I don't like 2x45s and there was a point where I had a few in my basket at Acoustic Sound... Not buying was one of the strongest moments of my life.
I've added all of them at least twice -- and added "some" of them at least two more times. I'm clinging to the rationale on 45 rpm that others are tossing out..

Though at least 10% of my favorite jazz records are AP 45...

Whimper

Second rationale: TP!

Third: feeding my family?

Concerning Lou Donaldson:
Sunny Side Up or The Time Is Right?

Can only find one song from The Time Is Right.
So would appreciate the input from those more knowledgeable.
Thank you.

Do you like congas? If so, The Time Is Right features Ray Barretto. For me, the combo of congas and Blue Mitchell puts The Time Is Right slightly ahead, but they are both fun.

Concerning Lou Donaldson:
Sunny Side Up or The Time Is Right?

Can only find one song from The Time Is Right.
So would appreciate the input from those more knowledgeable.
Thank you.

I think $20 per album would be a good deal. That's 4k. Some rough numbers...

10 people put in $400 and get 20 albums. Would need to settle on dividing them up beforehand.

Also need to account for the shipping and whoever gets them needs to mail them to the other 9. More shipping. Person who does this work keeps the cases.

Say an extra $1000 to cover all the shipping. That's still $25/album.

When I'm actively listening to a record it doesn't bother me. When I'm doing more than just listening (say I'm cooking, because then I have to wash my hands too), it gets annoying and I dislike having to flip more often.

If given the choice between high end 33 and high end 45, like with some of the AP and MM titles, I always pick 33. I know it theoretically opens up the sound some, but between my system (which is good, but not exceptional) and my ears (which went to too many loud concerts in my 20s and have worked in a woodshop too long), I likely can't tell the difference sonically between 33 and 45 anyways.

Yeah fair enough, it's annoying when you are doing other things such as cooking and have to wash your hands or whatever just to flip the record. But tbh if I'm cooking and a record side stops, I'll just not flip it until I have a spare moment. Same with 33s and 45s. Sometimes there will be an hour between two sides of a record, just because I forgot that I was listening to something 😂 Or I'll not finish listening to the record because I have to go somewhere and never flipped it.

10 people put in $400 and get 20 albums. Would need to settle on dividing them up beforehand.

Also need to account for the shipping and whoever gets them needs to mail them to the other 9. More shipping. Person who does this work keeps the cases.

It’s approx $800 shipping to NYC supposedly.

🙋🏻‍♂️

Anyone live in SA? Serpentine draft order?

🙋🏻‍♂️

Anyone live in SA? Serpentine draft order?
I mean...it's tempting. I don't know what it would actually sell for. Curiosity got the best of me and I messaged the seller to ask about shipping. They said $800 to NYC and they might be willing to split shipping if that helps...if I lived in SA, I'd totally hop on this and split with people...but the shipping along is a lot.

I’m totally on board with this — count me in.

I’m three hours from SA so would be glad to pick up in person to save the shipping costs and preserve their condition.

But of course I would get first pick of the records. ;)

Just gonna leave this one here...

giphy.gif

Back