The Blue Note Thread

Dang. Probably getting every single one of these. Nice to see Tina Brooks’ Waiting Game. It’s a good session. Stanley Turrentine is getting some love in this series too! I’m excited to see what the BN80 list looks like.
Also, I know it was mentioned that BN has 30% off on their website, but that also includes pre-orders. I just ordered the upcoming Tone Poets and Basra for like $65. Rather that then buying from Amazon.

Dang. Probably getting every single one of these. Nice to see Tina Brooks’ Waiting Game. It’s a good session. Stanley Turrentine is getting some love in this series too! I’m excited to see what the BN80 list looks like.
Also, I know it was mentioned that BN has 30% off on their website, but that also includes pre-orders. I just ordered the upcoming Tone Poets and Basra for like $65. Rather that then buying from Amazon.
Are you charged right away, or until they ship?

Quick FYI - Target has the newest BN80 presales up for $21.49/each (less than Amazon):
January 10, 2020 – Drummer Leaders, Part 1
Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers – Buhaina’s Delight (1961)BN80Target$21
Pete La Roca – Basra (1965)BN80Target$21
Tony Williams – Foreign Intrigue (1985)BN80Target$21

How do we feel about Foreign Intruige? I wanted to give a later BN record some love but having a hard time getting through this one. Maybe it’s the production or maybe the vibraphones are throwing me off (I enjoy vibraphones sometimes but not always) but was sad to have to pass on a favorite drummer of mines solo work

Also about to get some records from the udiscover sale. It’s only 4 and not letting me get free shipping. Also cannot remember what the additional 20% off code was if anyone can help

Also about to get some records from the udiscover sale. It’s only 4 and not letting me get free shipping. Also cannot remember what the additional 20% off code was if anyone can help

UD20off, I think. I had to send an email to get my shipping costs back. Still waiting for them to ship after ordering around Nov 25th, I guess a couple titles they were still trying to get.

Barnes & Noble? Is there a code? I don't see the 30% off.

Edit: Ugh, I guess BN would mean Blue Note on this thread :)

How do we feel about Foreign Intruige? I wanted to give a later BN record some love but having a hard time getting through this one. Maybe it’s the production or maybe the vibraphones are throwing me off (I enjoy vibraphones sometimes but not always) but was sad to have to pass on a favorite drummer of mines solo work
Checked it out last night and felt the same. I’ve never been a fan of 80’s production; ever. Might give it another chance but I think I’ll be skipping it as well.

The 2020 Tone Poet titles have been announced. Solid list!

This list is awesome! A lot of these that we didn't already know about are real gems. Blakey's Roots & Herbs is one of the few Jazz Messengers albums I don't have yet so it was an especially great surprise! I already have a Van Gelder pressing of My Point of View, but besides that I can definitely see myself getting all of these.

This list is awesome! A lot of these that we didn't already know about are real gems. Blakey's Roots & Herbs is one of the few Jazz Messengers albums I don't have yet so it was an especially great surprise! I already have a Van Gelder pressing of My Point of View, but besides that I can definitely see myself getting all of these.
Some great picks where OG's are insanely expensive like Chet Baker Sings, The Cooker, Bass on Top, and a few others.

Picked up a UA press of Roots & Herbs recently and will still pick up the Tone Poet. Like The Witch Doctor, I think it’s an under appreciated album in Art Blakey’s catalogue

Back