The Blue Note Thread

It was the first jazz album I ever listened to and man did it open some (expensive) doors. It’s the album that also really got me into everything else Hard Bop and John Coltrane related. Lee Morgan too. Locomotion 🔥 🔥 🔥
Same here with Morgan. I was aware of him but after hearing him on Blue Train was the first time I actively looked for his albums.

Analogue Production s did 2 x 45 Blue Notes round 2008, and Classic records did as well.

I gotta admit, I am excited for my first MMJ record coming in (I mentioned getting Andrew Hill Judgement! earlier in this thread). What was the other company doing audiophile blue note records? Is it just MMJ (and Blue Note's Tone Poet series?)

I feel like buying an SRX and comparing it to a record I really love and have spun to death would be the best way to really judge the sound, but it is hard to go in on a duplicate copy at something like 70 bucks.
I agree. I bought the SRX first and then found the OG copy for a great price that I couldn't pass up. If you want to hear a comparison, there should be one in my post history.

Analogue Production s did 2 x 45 Blue Notes round 2008, and Classic records did as well.

I gotta admit, I am excited for my first MMJ record coming in (I mentioned getting Andrew Hill Judgement! earlier in this thread). What was the other company doing audiophile blue note records? Is it just MMJ (and Blue Note's Tone Poet series?)

You have Wallen Bink too but they only released one record so far:

You have Wallen Bink too but they only released one record so far:

Is this out yet and if so has anyone heard the pressing? Its a Duke Pearson album that I would love to get and had been hoping it would get a TP release, but if out on another repress label then it probably won't happen

Is this out yet and if so has anyone heard the pressing? Its a Duke Pearson album that I would love to get and had been hoping it would get a TP release, but if out on another repress label then it probably won't happen
Few people on here have it, pretty sure @Mr Moore is one of them. Its been on my list for ages, surprised I havent picked it up yet, Pearson is killer!

Yeah, it's fantastic, no hesitation recommending it. Quite the coincidence, I was only checking their website yesterday in the hope that they had more in the works but nothing yet.

I have it. It's spectacular. Do not hesitate in picking it up.

DxyUk0LXQAc8IQV.jpg

DxyUk0JXcAAVPDT.jpg

Quick FYI - Target has the newest BN80 presales up for $21.49/each (less than Amazon):
January 10, 2020 – Drummer Leaders, Part 1
Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers – Buhaina’s Delight (1961)BN80Target$21
Pete La Roca – Basra (1965)BN80Target$21
Tony Williams – Foreign Intrigue (1985)BN80Target$21

For EU buyers, both three were added to Dodax (.nl in this case but should be available through all dodax) :

Quick FYI - Target has the newest BN80 presales up for $21.49/each (less than Amazon):
January 10, 2020 – Drummer Leaders, Part 1
Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers – Buhaina’s Delight (1961)BN80Target$21
Pete La Roca – Basra (1965)BN80Target$21
Tony Williams – Foreign Intrigue (1985)BN80Target$21

I have the MM of Basra and just played it the other day. Just stunning, such a fantastic album. Do yourself a favor and pick it up if you don't have it yet.

Back