The Blue Note Thread

Yea I looked at the 80s French ones and saw they moved across to DMM at some stage so thought it best to avoid. Wasn't aware what DMM was before I started looking for a copy of Sidewinder, I'm having to learn about the history of Blue Note just to find a decent version of this haha

From what I can tell, this is the 1984 Sidewinder on offer:

It doesn't have the DMM logo on the label image and I'm sure they do if DMM was used.

From what I can tell, this is the 1984 Sidewinder on offer:

It doesn't have the DMM logo on the label image and I'm sure they do if DMM was used.
I went with the NM Japanese one with the Obi, thanks so much for that link! I think if I went for the French one I'd always have wondered about how the Japanese one would have sounded 😁 thanks again for the quick reply about this!

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a good quality Lee Morgan Sidewinder album in the UK? I've tried a few copies of the BN75 version but they've all had to be returned. I'd also seen an original on ebay recently but it went for silly money, close to £200 I think...! Frustrating times haha
See if you can find a copy of the DeAgostini Jazz at 33 1/3 series?

Otherwise I’d say Japanese pressing over the DMM

See if you can find a copy of the DeAgostini Jazz at 33 1/3 series?

Otherwise I’d say Japanese pressing over the DMM
Thanks for the reply, and yea I was hoping the Deagostini back issues page was still available but they've taken it down. Looks like they're starting it all again from issue one.

I picked up the Japanese pressing thanks to Mr Moores link, seems like it's the one to get. There's definitely a market for BN to do a good quality reissue of these kinda albums, fingers crossed they have something lined up!

Just got $15 amazon credit for a botched delivery. Which Tone Poet should I go for? Already have Shorter. Maybe feeling one that really inspires some relaxation. That being said ignore that and tell me which are the faves and I’ll probs go with the recurring theme!

Just got $15 amazon credit for a botched delivery. Which Tone Poet should I go for? Already have Shorter. Maybe feeling one that really inspires some relaxation. That being said ignore that and tell me which are the faves and I’ll probs go with the recurring theme!
Cornbread and Minor Move might be my favorite but the Cassandra Wilson title was a real surprise to me and is quite relaxing. I have every one except Mr Shing a Ling and love every one (except the giant pop on Gil Evans).

Too expensive might be too much. Let's say the 30% discount will simply cover the shipping, which is good but not enough :p If you are patient you'll certainly have better deals on Dodax or Amazon
It’s only £3.95 in the UK. Bagged, Jutta Hip and the 2 new Art Blakey BN80’s

Thanks for the reply, and yea I was hoping the Deagostini back issues page was still available but they've taken it down. Looks like they're starting it all again from issue one.

I picked up the Japanese pressing thanks to Mr Moores link, seems like it's the one to get. There's definitely a market for BN to do a good quality reissue of these kinda albums, fingers crossed they have something lined up!
I don’t think you’ll be disappointed by that Japanese pressing! Good pick up!

I love the Chick Corea album. But I really like most of the others I have.

Cornbread and Minor Move might be my favorite but the Cassandra Wilson title was a real surprise to me and is quite relaxing. I have every one except Mr Shing a Ling and love every one (except the giant pop on Gil Evans).
Oh man...I eventually got a copy of Gil Evans without the pops but the first few times I listened my brain still put them in. It’s a great record though!

Jazz newbie but with these Blue Note discounts, I think I'm going to pick some out blind and discover the music via the turntable. Any recommendations (that are available on the Blue Note store - so I can take advantage of the discount?)
What sort of Jazz have you enjoyed so far? Names and albums will help us direct you to some further listening.

Also, uDiscover store has the same prices but also has an additional 20% code to stack on top—Vinyl

Back