The Blue Note Thread

Is this the first time one of the reissues in MM/BN80/Tone Poet series has been an album not originally released on Blue Note? Or did I miss them? Surprised me but I guess United owns them so it makes sense. I know Blue Note has reissued it in the past, just haven't seen that in these recent AAA reissue series.
Chick Corea was originally on Solid State. I guess this is a similar situation to that?

Is this the first time one of the reissues in MM/BN80/Tone Poet series has been an album not originally released on Blue Note? Or did I miss them? Surprised me but I guess United owns them so it makes sense. I know Blue Note has reissued it in the past, just haven't seen that in these recent AAA reissue series.
Not entirely sure but TP is also doing Chet Baker Sings next year. It's fairly common for some other BN/similar series like the From The Original Master Tapes series to have span across to some labels that are related. Chick Corea was a TP too.

Chick Corea was originally on Solid State. I guess this is a similar situation to that?
Not entirely sure but TP is also doing Chet Baker Sings next year. It's fairly common for some other BN/similar series like the From The Original Master Tapes series to have span across to some labels that are related. Chick Corea was a TP too.
Cool, glad they used the original cover in that case as well.

Ahh slightly mad at you for getting that cornbread so cheap. I had bought it at 24 I think. But anyway I'm glad people are able to get them and @Selaws with dodax shipping has always been good. There have been times when they don't fulfill on accideals. But as far as I can tell they list the tone poets at min retail price.
Quick question for you in regards to Dodax. I just logged into my account and it doesn't show any orders. I also never received a confirmation email other than the paypal one. Has this ever happened to you @uvwxVinyl or @Skalap?

Quick question for you in regards to Dodax. I just logged into my account and it doesn't show any orders. I also never received a confirmation email other than the paypal one. Has this ever happened to you @uvwxVinyl or @Skalap?

I'm not sure about the email confirmations but I just logged in and I see under my profile all my past orders. I would wait a few days and then maybe contact their support with your paypal. I've never had a problem ordering from them.

I'm not sure about the email confirmations but I just logged in and I see under my profile all my past orders. I would wait a few days and then maybe contact their support with your paypal. I've never had a problem ordering from them.

I didn't received email confirmation for my first orders but received for the others I placed a couple of days after. I also received two shipping notice for every record they shipped. In regard to the order, they're all showing in my order page.

I didn't received email confirmation for my first orders but received for the others I placed a couple of days after. I also received two shipping notice for every record they shipped. In regard to the order, they're all showing in my order page.
Perfect, cheers guys. I will give it a few days then shoot off an email just to make sure.

This was one of the first I picked up (was actually given to me as a birthday present) and I was blown away by how good it was. Such a killer album!

For real, I think that the Tone Poet reissue of Face to Face by Baby Face Willette has just skyrocketed to the top of my vinyl wishlist now. Same crew except add in a sax. Need more of that Green/Willette combo in my life.

For real, I think that the Tone Poet reissue of Face to Face by Baby Face Willette has just skyrocketed to the top of my vinyl wishlist now. Same crew except add in a sax. Need more of that Green/Willette combo in my life.
Just spun this one again this morning and it is straight 🔥🔥🔥
Gets even better every spin

Yeah I agree with @Dark Star Boogie is so so good. Its another godsend really as it was on my want list for a while. I've never been completely sold on the organ but its fantastic on Face To Face

Just an update. I emailed Dodax to see if there was an issue with the order and they responded to say they had no history of it on their system. I paid and the money has been taken out of my account so I sent them a copy of the payment confirmation. Hopefully they will find the payment and send the vinyl out, otherwise, it was paid using paypal so I can just pop a claim in through them. Annoying but still worth it if Dodax do come through with the order.

I received an email today from Target that today is the last day of the buy 2 get 1 free sale. And this thread might appreciate these three just got listed for pre-order:

December 13 – Blue Note Live, Part 2

• Jimmy Smith – Groovin’ At Smalls’ Paradise, Vol. 1 (1957)
  • Lonnie Smith – Live at Club Mozambique (1970)
  • Lee Konitz – Alone Together (1996)
Very excited about the Lonnie Smith but especially this Konitz record (with Haden and Mehldau) that I believe has never had an LP issue.

I received an email today from Target that today is the last day of the buy 2 get 1 free sale. And this thread might appreciate these three just got listed for pre-order:

December 13 – Blue Note Live, Part 2

• Jimmy Smith – Groovin’ At Smalls’ Paradise, Vol. 1 (1957)
  • Lonnie Smith – Live at Club Mozambique (1970)
  • Lee Konitz – Alone Together (1996)
Very excited about the Lonnie Smith but especially this Konitz record (with Haden and Mehldau) that I believe has never had an LP issue.
Target is my preferred big-box to buy from - trying to help foster competition so Amazon doesn't take over the world (maybe too late?)

I went a little crazy and bought as much for the buy 2 get 1 free as I could get for the jazz pre-orders - mostly all of the BN80's and TP's that were avialable. Note if you're looking for another album you to get the deal might also consider this Japanese release that is available via pre-order:

Well I told myself I wasn't buying another Mosaic box...

IMG_20191109_132300.jpg

Couldn't help myself. Each of his four sessions are on a separate LP so it's easy to listen to them as albums. Much better than the other two Mosaics I have. Listening to True Blue right now and it's really, really nice.... glad I splurged.

Back