The Blue Note Thread

I was looking at a copy on eBay a month or so ago and almost pulled the trigger on it, but then I saw that Minor Move was coming out as at TP (which I grabbed) and that Waiting Game is rumoured to be also a TP release in 2020.

Yeah I had that same thought process but a totally different outcome! Honestly they sound really good, I'll have to A/B the Mosaic version and the TP version...

Heard good things about the Tina Mosaic set. Nice that is everything from his bandleader sessions pretty much.

In general I've read positive things about Mosaic. I have two others and the sessions with good sourcing, where the masters are available and not damaged, they sound good. Ron McMaster did the mastering on these... I THINK I've read somewhere that he uses a digital delay... but who knows. Either way I'm pleased.

Gave a quick A/B listen to the TP press and the Mosaic press of Minor Move. Gotta say the TP gets the slight edge. It's cut a bit louder, which is always nice, and the drums sound a little more forward. It's not a huge difference though and I'd be happy with just the Mosaic in general.

Perfect, cheers guys. I will give it a few days then shoot off an email just to make sure.

Any news from dodax? I received the last shipping notice I was waiting concerning the TP serie. They shipped, or are about to ship, Joe Henderson today. Hopefully they'll sort out your issue and have all your orders shipped soon.

Any news from dodax? I received the last shipping notice I was waiting concerning the TP serie. They shipped, or are about to ship, Joe Henderson today. Hopefully they'll sort out your issue and have all your orders shipped soon.
Yes, just checked and I received shipping notice an hour ago. After the issues I have been having lately I expected to have to put up a fight, but they were apologetic and said it will be sent out straight away. Great customer service, cant believe how affordable they are, im going to be using them again for sure!

Anyone up for a game?

I just had a super late night delivery turn up from Poland (not related to the identity of the record) and I cannot be happier right now! I bet this would be considered a white whale to a lot of people (its a Lexington first mono!), maybe even on this forum! So the game is this, below is the first paragraph in the liner notes, with the musician blanked out. Without googling it, can anyone have a guess at who it is? Bonus points if you get the album title. I will clean up the record, give it a listen and post a photo here tomorrow!

IMG_9780.jpg

Anyone up for a game?

I just had a super late night delivery turn up from Poland (not related to the identity of the record) and I cannot be happier right now! I bet this would be considered a white whale to a lot of people (its a Lexington first mono!), maybe even on this forum! So the game is this, below is the first paragraph in the liner notes, with the musician blanked out. Without googling it, can anyone have a guess at who it is? Bonus points if you get the album title. I will clean up the record, give it a listen and post a photo here tomorrow!

View attachment 22266

I love her albums on Blue Note. :love:

Anyone up for a game?

View attachment 22266

It's funny you post this, I just bought two King presses of these, both volumes. Really looking forward to them and super jealous of your original!

So I for one have been excited to watch the new Blue Note documentary, and was planning on buying it this Friday. I have just seen the press release for a Blue Note pop-up which is happening on Friday and it looks like the doc is going to be available to watch on BBC 4 and iPlayer:

Blue Note Records: Beyond The Notes (Dir. Sophie Huber) will be broadcast on BBC Four and BBC iPlayer on Friday 15th November at 21:30.

Anyone up for a game?

View attachment 22266
Definitely Jutta. But who knows which album,

Definitely Jutta. But who knows which album,
giphy.gif

Back