The Beatles

I was wondering why Naked isn’t included but yeah I guess it’s cause of the Glynn John mix - which I’m really excited about too.

I thought it was included with this set but taking a look at all the track listings I don’t see it. So unfortunately I guess not. Which is weird.

i think they wanted to make a definitive version of the album before and after Spector rather than a revised version which is why no naked. It’s a pity and it feels like after this it won’t be repressed so it’s off to cogs…

I’m guessing with the rooftop concert that it’s either:

1. To keep it exclusive for the docu and/or as a bonus on the blu-ray/dvd issue of it; or
2. The audio quality just wasn’t up to their standards to release it as just audio.

i think they wanted to make a definitive version of the album before and after Spector rather than a revised version which is why no naked. It’s a pity and it feels like after this it won’t be repressed so it’s off to cogs…

1. To keep it exclusive for the docu and/or as a bonus on the blu-ray/dvd issue of it; or
2. The audio quality just wasn’t up to their standards to release it as just audio.
Hollywood Bowl destroys point two.

Also, I mean the stuff I’ve heard from the concert in the past sounded great but there’s a difference with television/hifi gear.

Also, I mean the stuff I’ve heard from the concert in the past sounded great but there’s a difference with television/hifi gear.

Yeah I’ve tried to find some photos to see if there was a full sound board/recording gear up on there in addition to the tv cameras but it’s not clear. It was a very tight space though.

This box set is proper hefty! The book is really big for this type of a set. Really looking forward to getting the discs cleaned and then spinning!

Also kind weird that it’s back to front to allow the front cover of the box to line up with the front cover of the book with the spine facing out!

Last edited:

Yeah, thinking about number two more… I’ve Got a Feeling, One After 909 and Dig a Pony are all from that set. I think Get Back has heavy splicing/overdubbing.

So, I'd say Dig A Pony is weirdly re-mixed with the bass so heavy it's distracting (could have just used some sort of different tweaking with it or something), but the rest sound pretty great. Across The Universe sounds beautiful and Let It Be really shines with how spacious it is - so like when the guitar solo comes in it explodes. Oh also I've Got A Feeling still totally rules. And Get Back.

i want the box set so bad, but it looks like none of my locals got it in and i also dont really have the funds for it rn. i hope this thing doesnt sell out too quickly 😳

i want the box set so bad, but it looks like none of my locals got it in and i also dont really have the funds for it rn. i hope this thing doesnt sell out too quickly 😳
Should be, I bought the White Album / Escher Mixes Lp box recently 3 years after release for $50.

Nice Christmas present to ask for as well, but keep in mind pressing plant, and supply chain issues right now everywhere too.

Last edited:
I'm going to be a heretic here, but I'm not sure I appreciate all these boxes of outtakes. Dylan is an exception as he did songs in very different styles/instrumentation. But I must admit I struggled through listening (on Spotify) to three or four versions of songs from perhaps my least favourite Beatles album (even though I still think it a good album as it's by the Beatles). I'm glad for everyone else that this stuff finally is out and I hope people enjoy it fully. But after 1.5 listens I think I'm going to stick to Let It Be Naked on wax and stream everything else if I feel the urge.

Back