The Beatles

7” EP 5 – REVOLVER BONUS EP
A1. Paperback Writer (2022 Stereo)
A2. Rain (2022 Stereo)
B1. Paperback Writer (2022 Mono Remaster)
B2. Rain (2022 Mono Remaster)

CD EP 5 – REVOLVER BONUS EP
1. Paperback Writer (2022 Stereo)
2. Rain (2022 Stereo)
3. Paperback Writer (2022 Mono Remaster)
4. Rain (2022 Mono Remaster)

Beyond 2 tracks a side on a 7” 🤮

Random the website I looked at got it completely wrong.

Or udiscover is wrong, just posting where I got my info from – so who knows.

But scratch that, here it is from thebeatles.com, too:

7" Single: Side 1 - Bonus EP
1. Paperback Writer (2022 Stereo Mix)
2. Rain (2022 Stereo Mix)

7" Single: Side 2 - Bonus EP
1. Paperback Writer (Mono)
2. Rain (Mono)

CD5: Bonus EP
1. Paperback Writer (2022 Stereo Mix)
2. Rain (2022 Stereo Mix)
3. Paperback Writer (Mono)
4. Rain (Mono)

And while box set-associated merch generally isn't my thing, I'm not hating this slip mat:

View attachment 150790
I wonder if that 7" is 33 1/3 or 45 RPM?

So where's the cheapest spot now for the Let It Be box? I might be interested if it is cheap enough. A cheap Sgt. Pepper's set would be great too!

For Revolver, this is a hard "do I really need this if I have the most recent Mono" thought process.

The Beatles is one of my all-time favorite bands, and I’m sure I’ll give the stand-alone stereo remix LP of Revolver a try, but there’s no way I’ll delve any deeper in that.

Listening to multiple takes, mixes and edits of the same song three or four times in a row seems like the opposite of fun to me. It seems like work.

The Beatles is one of my all-time favorite bands, and I’m sure I’ll give the stand-alone stereo remix LP of Revolver a try, but there’s no way I’ll delve any deeper in that.

Listening to multiple takes, mixes and edits of the same song three or four times in a row seems like the opposite of fun to me. It seems like work.
Agree, Some of that stuff is fun to explore occasionally…digitally via downloads or streaming definitely not on vinyl.

I don’t think there is enough space on a 7” @ 45RPM from recollection for the two tracks. Might be long because Beatles singles are often on the shortish side.
The original Beatles EPs were all 4 songs and 45rpm eg The Beatles - The Beatles' Hits

I've collected versions of them all, but mine are mostly later Japanese presses at 33rpm. So both are technically possible - Paperback Writer + Rain are still quite a lot shorter than Hey Jude, for instance.

take it with a grain of salt, but one of the guys who runs a facebook audiophile group and has a youtube series interviewing people in the industry says Miles Showell told him that the mono in the deluxe box set is AAA. i believe fremer (yuck) is interviewing sean mcgee next week and this guy is interviewing miles for his youtube show next week. so we'll likely have confirmation next week.

Last edited:
Since I have three other Beatles box sets now I think I gotta get this one. I loooove Revolver. I already have the 2014 MONO pressing, which is great. But I’m super curious about the new one…

edit: mono corrected to mini for some reason

Last edited:
Since I have three other Beatles box sets now I think I gotta get this one. I loooove Revolver. I already have the 2014 mini pressing, which is great. But I’m super curious about the new one…
I’m tempted too but will wait for a deal on it

The mix of taxman sounds........ Ok

I think I just don't get the love for revolver

However this is likely the OG mix so it may not sound as good as the mono remasters. From what info people have gleaned...

The 2014 were the original master tapes too. It wasn’t remixed it was remastered. The blurb in the pamphlet pointed the improvements to better technology and being able to master with a little more bass becuase modern tables were much less likely to skip with it.

84FDCCF4-EFA4-468B-A63D-C276FFD9501F.jpeg

Amazon product ASIN B0BB3DXS6M
10% off with newsletter (WELCOME10)

Back