The Beatles

Response from seller. May I remind you there are three songs with loud pops after cleaning and the booklet is falling out. I copy/pasted Discogs grading for VG+ (light marks that don’t affect one’s experience) and VG (surface noise is evident upon playback but not overpowering).

“Give me a break, nobody in their right mind would rate that VG.I have been collecting for over 30 years and have sold hundreds of records here on Discogs with never a complaint about my grading. Vinyl is an imperfect format, It is obvious it is not for you. $25 or ship it back to me for a refund.”
Update: returned mono MMT, seller received, gave me refund.

My feedback:
Record graded NM/NM, had hairlines that caused loud pops on playback and gatefold booklet was torn from jacket. Seller blamed USPS, said I didn’t know how to grade records, never apologized. Sent back for refund, didn’t offer to pay return shipping.

His response to my feedback:
“Booklet staple caused damage to record in shipping, sleeve split, took a hit”

His feedback for me:
“Record took some damage in shipping. Buyer blamed me for shipping a damaged record. Buyer sent dozens of messages, changing their demands each time. I asked them to return the record and I issued a full refund, there is nothing more I can do.”

My response to his feedback:
“Shipping won’t cause loud pops! I changed my demand just once after playing it.”

He lied in his feedback and was (I believe) retaliatory. I requested a Discogs review. I left him a message on the order page telling him there was no split (I shipped it back record outside gatefold, I never said there was a split), called him a liar for saying I changed my mind dozens of times.

Update: returned mono MMT, seller received, gave me refund.

My feedback:
Record graded NM/NM, had hairlines that caused loud pops on playback and gatefold booklet was torn from jacket. Seller blamed USPS, said I didn’t know how to grade records, never apologized. Sent back for refund, didn’t offer to pay return shipping.

His response to my feedback:
“Booklet staple caused damage to record in shipping, sleeve split, took a hit”

His feedback for me:
“Record took some damage in shipping. Buyer blamed me for shipping a damaged record. Buyer sent dozens of messages, changing their demands each time. I asked them to return the record and I issued a full refund, there is nothing more I can do.”

My response to his feedback:
“Shipping won’t cause loud pops! I changed my demand just once after playing it.”

He lied in his feedback and was (I believe) retaliatory. I requested a Discogs review. I left him a message on the order page telling him there was no split (I shipped it back record outside gatefold, I never said there was a split), called him a liar for saying I changed my mind dozens of times.
These are the sellers that really irritate me. Had a similar experience not too long ago, the seller was retaliatory in his feedback (Negative), and totally lied, they were also full of excuses and a different tone in there communication. I requested a review and a week later the feedback was removed, I'm pretty sure they check into the communication that was had.

It's too bad Cogs doesn't have some disciplinary action towards these types of sellers.

These are the sellers that really irritate me. Had a similar experience not too long ago, the seller was retaliatory in his feedback (Negative), and totally lied, they were also full of excuses and a different tone in there communication. I requested a review and a week later the feedback was removed, I'm pretty sure they check into the communication that was had.

It's too bad Cogs doesn't have some disciplinary action towards these types of sellers.
Yeah no kidding, especially when they deliberately lie about the circumstances and take absolutely no responsibility. I am curious why he talked about a split. Yeah there were issues but no split. I also want to see how he re-lists it

View attachment 150629
Well there's your Revolver Box Set track list. For whomever can read "BLUUURRRRR".

Looks like disc 2 and 3 have a lot of repeated versions of the same tracks on them.
mike-myers-wayne-campbell.gif

The interesting thing is, disc 4 appears to be just the normal album track list with no notes. So it's likely just a different mix of the full album. Could this be the mono version?
I mean likely, it's just the original stereo mix. But hopefully it's more exciting than that. And hopefully this whole thing isn't pressed at GZ.

That's a lot of money for a bunch of demos/takes that may or may not be any good. I've had quite a lot of fatigue in recent years over alternate takes etc that are just plain inferior to the released product.

What’s the price on it? It’s just showing as currently unavailable to me when I click on the links.

Maybe this is the one to just get the one disc new stereo mix?

Last edited:

That’s mental! The 1LP is definitely getting more appealing! Especially as there’s nothing new that isn’t demos.

Although honestly I’ve so much money accounted for in pre orders before Christmas anyway that I may sit this one out for a few months and see if there’s an accideal or whatever.

That’s mental! The 1LP is definitely getting more appealing! Especially as there’s nothing new that isn’t demos.

Although honestly I’ve so much money accounted for in pre orders before Christmas anyway that I may sit this one out for a few months and see if there’s an accideal or whatever.
My guess is that it will drop significantly…the others were around 150, but went to 80-100 shortly after

Back