The Beatles

Just a heads up to everyone... If you're looking for rare stuff like... Naked orrr the Classics Records pressing of the Zeppelin albums, or say.... every UHQR except Peppers and DSOTM... Give member OMC a shout. (But not Naked because I bought that one).

I nearly bought a Japanese one before Christmas for €125 and it sold before I jumped. Can’t find any below €200 now which is just nuts for something that absolutely wasn’t an audiophile pressing.

I don't think I posted this when I got the last MoFi, I hadn't gotten to cleaning it yet :)
20220129_123857.jpg

So this is where we stand on Beatles albums, a few more on the Want list......
  • The Beatles – Introducing...The Beatles - A legit copy to replace the counterfeit.
  • The Beatles – Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (50th Annv.) - Waiting on a decent price.
  • The Beatles – Yellow Submarine (MoFi) - Now I kind of have to get this, waiting on a decent price.
    Capture.PNG
*The non-MoFi's are UK pressings, Meet the Beatles is a Mono US First press and one of the White Albums is a UK second press :)

I don't think I posted this when I got the last MoFi, I hadn't gotten to cleaning it yet :)
View attachment 126765

So this is where we stand on Beatles albums, a few more on the Want list......
  • The Beatles – Introducing...The Beatles - A legit copy to replace the counterfeit.
  • The Beatles – Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (50th Annv.) - Waiting on a decent price.
  • The Beatles – Yellow Submarine (MoFi) - Now I kind of have to get this, waiting on a decent price.
    View attachment 126767
*The non-MoFi's are UK pressings, Meet the Beatles is a Mono US First press and one of the White Albums is a UK second press :)
Spiffy!

Not sure if this is the 50th anniv. of Sgt Pepper you're waiting on, but it's a decent price (~$23) and sounds great:

Amazon product ASIN B076W8Y6BB

Reminds me of courtroom proceedings. Unlike in movies and tv, most of what happens in real life is perfunctory and mundane, but the good practitioners are methodically working towards something, and occasionally achieve brilliance.

Bail hearings are nearly always very entertaining, but for all the wrong reasons…

Bail hearings are nearly always very entertaining, but for all the wrong reasons…
Do tell, because I find those massively boring. Flight risk and/or dangerous, usually pretty predictable outcomes in our err on the side of caution system

Do tell, because I find those massively boring. Flight risk and/or dangerous, usually pretty predictable outcomes in our err on the side of caution system

Ah I spent a few days at bail hearings that were held in a specially constructed court complex in a high security prison. It was the facts that always made me chuckle. My favourite was the lawyer trying to get bail for his client who was on trial for attempting to plant a pipe bomb at his ex’s house. “I promise my client will stay away from his ex”…

Ah I spent a few days at bail hearings that were held in a specially constructed court complex in a high security prison. It was the facts that always made me chuckle. My favourite was the lawyer trying to get bail for his client who was on trial for attempting to plant a pipe bomb at his ex’s house. “I promise my client will stay away from his ex”…
Well, he did promise.

The thing about bail hearings is they're often done to appease the client. The attorney might know it's futile, but the client, who most definitely does not want to be detained, thinks, how do you know if you don't ask?

Last edited:
Just a heads up to everyone... If you're looking for rare stuff like... Naked orrr the Classics Records pressing of the Zeppelin albums, or say.... every UHQR except Peppers and DSOTM... Give member OMC a shout. (But not Naked because I bought that one).
Thanks for the bump Mather! Besides the Mofis I've listed in the For Sale thread, I do have quite a bit of interesting non-mofi stuff so ask away all.

Offer accepted, that was quick…

Wooo! That’s one whale landed, or so it seems!
Once some of these albums with multiple "versions", especially things like outtakes, banter and so on, or an album like Let it Be where there are price points across the spectrum available, get too high, the available customer pool shrinks drastically in my opinion. Then it boils down to how badly someone wants to sell, and how long to sit on it with the chance of the price going down drastically. I'm glad you landed on ;)

Once some of these albums with multiple "versions", especially things like outtakes, banter and so on, or an album like Let it Be where there are price points across the spectrum available, get too high, the available customer pool shrinks drastically in my opinion. Then it boils down to how badly someone wants to sell, and how long to sit on it with the chance of the price going down drastically. I'm glad you landed on ;)

Yeah I think I was lucky in that they have so many versions of this, some with misprints that occasionally one of them will have none for sale and so when he appears it doesn’t get priced as out there as some other versions where sales are more fluid. He didn’t have it priced horribly unfairly at €145 but at €125 it brought it down below the median. I kinda felt it was a little bit of a cheeky offer whilst being close enough to the list that it would be hard to turn down.

Damn it! Finds reasonably priced UK copies of Antholgy 1 and 3 and 2 is crazy. Finds reasonably priced weird De Agostini Japan pressings, in a strange outer sleeve and with a book, of 1 and 2 reasonably priced and 3 is nuts. Grrrrr.

Damn it! Finds reasonably priced UK copies of Antholgy 1 and 3 and 2 is crazy. Finds reasonably priced weird De Agostini Japan pressings, in a strange outer sleeve and with a book, of 1 and 2 reasonably priced and 3 is nuts. Grrrrr.
Ya, I picked up the Anthology CDs for now, we'll see if an opportunity comes along ;)

Back