The Beatles

With Qobuz HiRes I’m increasingly less likely to buy thess kind of things unheard because I can sample first and then reserve the decision unless it’s something really special like The Esher Sessions or the Radiohead OKNOTOK third disk.
i find this with albums that contain alternate tracks/demos too. i used to listen to them once on vinyl and go "hmm....thats cool!" and then never listen to the additional discs again. qobuz has been a nice way to listen to them more.

i find this with albums that contain alternate tracks/demos too. i used to listen to them once on vinyl and go "hmm....thats cool!" and then never listen to the additional discs again. qobuz has been a nice way to listen to them more.

Totally. For the better ones or ones that have more b side and lost tracks or Dylan bootlegs I can still get them on vinyl. I’d still down and listen to them on vinyl in the evening. For the majority of stuff like this I can bang it on qobuz on the tram or while WFH and it be a pleasant way to pass the day the single time I play it and I’ve not had to pay the vinyl cost.

I'm not one for the collectors mindset either. Drives me crazy to see people buying One Steps and just leaving them sealed haha.
KInd of like the housing market right now, people buying/selling for crazy money. They will be paying the mortgage until there 75 or dead.

Last edited:
I’m all for deluxe sets ...but that crate was crazy money ....repeated vinyl and cd sets ...nothing exclusive audio wise ...an expanded book (which looked nice admittedly) .....

And then some plastic figures ....in a wooden crate ....which isn’t numbered (only number is on the packaging cardboard box)

£1000 for what ...a better book really ...I think that set might be the biggest rip off ever ...emperors new clothes springs to mind when fans justify it ... the larger CD Box Set is disappointing too..compare it to the Lennon sets which were £20-£30 cheaper ..it’s really poor value ..ironically the Splatter vinyl which seemed a bit gimmicky on pre release might be the best value..limited and looks stunning ...followed by the 3 CD set

Shame really as the remix is in my opinion rather good ..it’s brought out some th best in some songs that had kinda passed me by in the past ...

Still think the Apple jams are a bit rubbish

I’m all for deluxe sets ...but that crate was crazy money ....repeated vinyl and cd sets ...nothing exclusive audio wise ...an expanded book (which looked nice admittedly) .....

And then some plastic figures ....in a wooden crate ....which isn’t numbered (only number is on the packaging cardboard box)

£1000 for what ...a better book really ...I think that set might be the biggest rip off ever ...emperors new clothes springs to mind when fans justify it ... the larger CD Box Set is disappointing too..compare it to the Lennon sets which were £20-£30 cheaper ..it’s really poor value ..ironically the Splatter vinyl which seemed a bit gimmicky on pre release might be the best value..limited and looks stunning ...followed by the 3 CD set

Shame really as the remix is in my opinion rather good ..it’s brought out some th best in some songs that had kinda passed me by in the past ...

Still think the Apple jams are a bit rubbish
Yea it’s kinda crazy. The unboxing i watched wasn’t very good but I really thought it was nowhere near $1,000 worth of stuff. I’d never spend $1,000 on an album anyway but considering that it seemed like all the music you got was on other versions, then you’re paying a ton for a wooden box, some gnomes and an art book…

ive seen the guy who did the unboxing pay some pretty serious money on Facebook auctions of MoFi albums. He’s the type of collector who has no issues overpaying for things just so he can ensure that he gets them.

Yea it’s kinda crazy. The unboxing i watched wasn’t very good but I really thought it was nowhere near $1,000 worth of stuff. I’d never spend $1,000 on an album anyway but considering that it seemed like all the music you got was on other versions, then you’re paying a ton for a wooden box, some gnomes and an art book…

ive seen the guy who did the unboxing pay some pretty serious money on Facebook auctions of MoFi albums. He’s the type of collector who has no issues overpaying for things just so he can ensure that he gets them.
I've always been a collector and I get it, and there was a time where something like this wouldn't have phased me in my "Collector" mentality. Lord knows I've purged past collections to a ridiculous profit, that's what got me 90% of my gear. But over time, while I still like the collecting part, I've grown tired of the gimmicks (colorways, same content different package, etc), and dare I say, matured on my mentality towards what my hobby finances go towards. Ultimately a nice package is appreciated, with the most important part remains the sound of the album.

Fancy box/color, chachkees, shit pressing doesn't work for me.

Back