The Beatles

Yeah I’d been reading a bit around it and saw something along those lines. Apparently it started with an April fools joke earlier this year. Don’t worry Gav I’ve been taken in by much less convincing things and if it does come out we all win and you get the last laugh 😂

Tell you what that was a good way to get more subscribers....two guys who I follow on YouTube mentioned her name and the post ..and voila ...

Call me cynical

It is known that Giles Martin worked on remixes of Let It Be/Get Back material, and there is no doubt that audio releases will happen later in the year. That much has been said. What they are - not knowm, but we will without a doubt see remixes (apparently with the Spector overdubs kept in) as well as the Glyn Johns Get Back versions. Apparently LIB Naked is not being considered either for remix or re-release. I suspect LIB Naked is a dead horse at this point, with the true Get Back material coming out as well as new remixes.

When Let It Be was originally released, it came in a box with a reasonably thick book of photos from the sessions. That was dropped in subsequent repressings, as it was just too much added cost. That LIB book has been remastered and extended quite substantially for separate release in November. It is only logical, although premature to announce, that audio releases will come at the same time.

The minute the Jackson movie hits streaming, the audio will be out there. No way Apple will allow it to get circulated for free with no commercial releases.

BTW, it is a common myth, mostly pushed on the Hoffman losers board, that the Beatles Committee that oversees all things Beatles is Paul, Ringo, Yoko and Olivia Harrison. Time goes by, and these days it is really Paul, Ringo when he feels like it, Dhani and Sean.
Thanks for sharing, very informative!

I know Paul is the one who has always admired the Glyn Johns LIB mixes and tells the story that John and George stole the master tapes to give to Spector at Kleins encouragement. George Martin in his documentary Produced By George Martin says he always thought the credits on LIB should read produced by George Martin, over produced by Phil Spector.

Amazon product ASIN B07JR1K322

This is good advice. I went with trying to find VG+ copies of the UK 70s/80s pressings and have been quite happy with those. The sleeves are sometimes in rough shape, but the sound is great, especially for the money.
Some of my covers are a bit ratty, I replaced the inners with non static ones, but surprisingly the vinyl is not too beat up which you find alot of out there usually. Even the red/blue compilations sound pretty good and are usually very affordable and what I recomend to kids or people just getting into Beatles on wax.

Last edited:
Now I'm rethinking the CD's.............where's this splatter green version?
I did a quick google last night and only US place I saw it was Udiscovermusic.

it very well might be somewhere else too.

I did a quick google last night and only US place I saw it was Udiscovermusic.
I might have missed it, but any difference in the pressing compared to the 3LP black vinyl?

i haven't seen anything, but to be honest haven't looked a ton into it yet. discogs has the same runouts but i know sometimes people just don't update. i would guess it's the same pressing though? just more "limited".
Ya, with shipping and such it puts it at $90+ when the black vinyl is available on Amazon for $60

if i see any cheaper ones will let ya know. i think i'm gonna get the 24/192 download and see how that sounds before selling my older ATMP box and picking up the new one.
I love my OG, but the remix has me curious, which is why my initial thought was the CDs, but if they're getting poor reviews I don't know if I want to spend the money on them.

I love my OG, but the remix has me curious, which is why my initial thought was the CDs, but if they're getting poor reviews I don't know if I want to spend the money on them.
weird--didn't realize the CDs were getting bad reviews! i'll listen to the 24/192 today and then my repress from a few years back before deciding if i want an upgrade or not.

if i see any cheaper ones will let ya know. i think i'm gonna get the 24/192 download and see how that sounds before selling my older ATMP box and picking up the new one.
This is what I have for now and the remix is amazing! @RHANDMJ gave me a good heads up about these and I trust his ears. "IF" I hold out I will ask for the 3or5lp set for Xmas, "IF" :ROFLMAO: As @RHANDMJ says I think the whole Mix, mono, thing, etc is lead by the Hoffman style geek types.

1628857485282.png

I have to say I really like this new mix..much better than the 30th remaster ...I have an original U.K. vinyl box which is in great condition...but I heard stuff in this new remix that made some songs come alive for me that hadn’t really registered before ...enjoyed the remix CD so much I ordered the splattered vinyl edition last night

I love the yin and yang of that place ...and the obsession with wave forms.... people asking to see a wave form before buying ? And they compare two ..which all look the bloody same to me ..big splurges of blue ...
My favorite is when users insist something is from a digital file even though Kevin Gray or Bellman say it isn't.

My favorite is when users insist something is from a digital file even though Kevin Gray or Bellman say it isn't.

My favourite thing is the list of random things Hoffman himself has said that have since been debunked and the fact that anyone who says “hang on a minute Steve are you sure?” gets banned and their input deleted. If ever a place reflected it’s founder it’s those forums.

My favourite thing is the list of random things Hoffman himself has said that have since been debunked and the fact that anyone who says “Hang on a Minute Steve are you sure?” gets banned and their input deleted. If ever a place reflected it’s founder it’s those forums.
I ignore anything he says on there for that reason. It's also wild that he stole master tapes and that's pretty much why he doesn't work anymore.

Back