The Beatles

Also because I’m a complete addict I bought the 50th All Things Must Pass (got the green splatter 3LP) and it arrived today.

I’ll clean and spin it later but initial impressions are wow what a gorgeous package. Also I hope someone from mofi bought it, realised this is how you do a box and decided to put this quality and the hinged lid into their one step packaging.
Was looking for a reasonable price on the green splatter...

I dont think they remixed for the 2009 digital transfers that were then used to master the 2012 vinyl pressings. They still the same mix notes with all the mad panning just they were cleaned up a bit and are mastered a fair whack hotter.

The only new mixes that I’m aware of any Beatles stuff is the 3 50th versions. I’m just not as big a fan of the 2012 vinyl because it lacks dynamics and is a bit too hot for my taste, especially as there are for my money better alternatives.

I’ll concede that they are long long way from being the worst pressings that I’ve heard from a digital source either.
ahh, ok. i wasn't aware of that :LOL:. in that case, the hunt will continue

It’s always a good idea with Beatles to do a bit of hunting to see if you can find clean Japanese pressings or 80s U.K. Parlophone pressings. Certainly over the 2012 stereo represses anyway.
This is good advice. I went with trying to find VG+ copies of the UK 70s/80s pressings and have been quite happy with those. The sleeves are sometimes in rough shape, but the sound is great, especially for the money.

Was looking for a reasonable price on the green splatter...

I bought it online from the only Irish supplier that had it. They’re an online only outfit that seem to have links with universal. Was €80 which was €3 more than the European or U.K. sites but free postage because they’re national more than made up for that.

Last edited:
This is good advice. I went with trying to find VG+ copies of the UK 70s/80s pressings and have been quite happy with those. The sleeves are sometimes in rough shape, but the sound is great, especially for the money.

Yeah they’re certainly the best value v sound prospect. OG monos would be awesome but they’re hard to find in good condition as they’re approaching 60 years old and were often played to death on less than stellar gear.

I love the 2014 monos and the mofis for the stereo but the prices on those things has gone nuts this year!

Also because I’m a complete addict I bought the 50th All Things Must Pass (got the green splatter 3LP) and it arrived today.

I’ll clean and spin it later but initial impressions are wow what a gorgeous package. Also I hope someone from mofi bought it, realised this is how you do a box and decided to put this quality and the hinged lid into their one step packaging.
Isn't it a fantastic overall presentation? I'm very impressed with it. Unfortunately, both disc 1 and disc 3 have slight warps (doesn't affect play) but I'm still very happy with the purchase.

Isn't it a fantastic overall presentation? I'm very impressed with it. Unfortunately, both disc 1 and disc 3 have slight warps (doesn't affect play) but I'm still very happy with the purchase.

Yeah it really is. As well as it being a really nice package it really is the small touches like the hinged lid on the box and the track list being printed on the inside of the lid that elevate it.

I was tempted to buy this one but I have the 2017 reissue which I quite liked. I might stream the 50th high res remix and see if I like it better. If I do, I could always sell that older one and pick up the new.

I was tempted to buy this one but I have the 2017 reissue which I quite liked. I might stream the 50th high res remix and see if I like it better. If I do, I could always sell that older one and pick up the new.

I think, but I might be wrong, that the re-issues since 2000 used the 30th anniversary mix they did then. I have that on CD. I actually always liked it too, bar the messing with the running order on the CDs. I hadn’t ever bought it on vinyl so this was the kick to do that!

Oh fuck this is really damn good! The soundstage is really wide, the separation is mega and I’m loving the imaging. This ones a keeper fellas!

oh, yea, so now that we got all things must pass remixed/remastered for its 50th anniversary (not a beatles record, but still got the same treatment as pepper/white/abbey road imo), i think it’s safe to assume we wont be getting a 50th edition of let it be. shame.

so i guess i gotta stop holding out in grabbing rubber soul, revolver and let it be in the hopes they’ll get the 50th special treatment
50th anniversary of let it be coming in October

Its been announced? Oh cool that’s all cool, not at all broke…

😂😂😂

1st image of a big black box with a red Apple label ...apparently the Glyn Johns “Get Back” included ..links in with the Disney + series coming soon ..

The new remix of All Things Must Pass is great imo ...much better than the 2000 remaster ....my original vinyl might get a brother now as I opted for the 3 CD set to start with as it got a lot of pre release panning ...also the exorbitant pricing put me off the bigger box sets ..my original 80’s fatbox CD sounded awful too ..so glad to have a decent CD finally ..using Spotify for the Demos etc

The Splatter vinyl look very cool 😎 So might spring for that

1st image of a big black box with a red Apple label ...apparently the Glyn Johns “Get Back” included ..links in with the Disney + series coming soon ..

The new remix of All Things Must Pass is great imo ...much better than the 2000 remaster ....my original vinyl might get a brother now as I opted for the 3 CD set to start with as it got a lot of pre release panning ...also the exorbitant pricing put me off the bigger box sets ..my original 80’s fatbox CD sounded awful too ..so glad to have a decent CD finally ..using Spotify for the Demos etc

The Splatter vinyl look very cool 😎 So might spring for that

Haha fair enough! I’ll keep an eye out for the announcement then! I hope they have Naked in the box too. That’s my real vinyl whale, I’d love that at a sensible price!

Yeah the splatter is really nice looking but even if you go black the box set has been really nicely done. Is a real quality presentstion!

Haha 😂

It’s a fake image apparently

Yeah I’d been reading a bit around it and saw something along those lines. Apparently it started with an April fools joke earlier this year. Don’t worry Gav I’ve been taken in by much less convincing things and if it does come out we all win and you get the last laugh 😂

A fun year for Beatles fans. New Paul, Remixed Paul, Paul - Rick Rubin Documentary series, 50Th ATMP, Get Back Documentary (Nov), and......... will that be it ?

A fun year for Beatles fans. New Paul, Remixed Paul, Paul - Rick Rubin Documentary series, 50Th ATMP, Get Back Documentary (Nov), and......... will that be it ?
It is known that Giles Martin worked on remixes of Let It Be/Get Back material, and there is no doubt that audio releases will happen later in the year. That much has been said. What they are - not knowm, but we will without a doubt see remixes (apparently with the Spector overdubs kept in) as well as the Glyn Johns Get Back versions. Apparently LIB Naked is not being considered either for remix or re-release. I suspect LIB Naked is a dead horse at this point, with the true Get Back material coming out as well as new remixes.

When Let It Be was originally released, it came in a box with a reasonably thick book of photos from the sessions. That was dropped in subsequent repressings, as it was just too much added cost. That LIB book has been remastered and extended quite substantially for separate release in November. It is only logical, although premature to announce, that audio releases will come at the same time.

The minute the Jackson movie hits streaming, the audio will be out there. No way Apple will allow it to get circulated for free with no commercial releases.

BTW, it is a common myth, mostly pushed on the Hoffman losers board, that the Beatles Committee that oversees all things Beatles is Paul, Ringo, Yoko and Olivia Harrison. Time goes by, and these days it is really Paul, Ringo when he feels like it, Dhani and Sean.

Back