The Beatles

Hey!

So in anticipation of Abbey Road.

Read this story in the paper this morning, thought it was interesting so decided to share 😀

Hey!

So in anticipation of Abbey Road.

Read this story in the paper this morning, thought it was interesting so decided to share 😀

I think if this ever made it to the US I'd be all over seeing it.

Picked it up today and honestly didn’t notice any huge difference. It sounds great though, and i bought my 1LP version for $19.76 including taxes, so I’m satisfied.

Plus I also received a Beatles baseball card like collectors card, for free, so I am most certainly satisfied with the overall experience.

Happy 50th to a musical masterpiece! 🍻

So far, most reviews of the non-extras (remastered album itself) aren’t great.
I’d be curious the ones you read. Seems favorable across the board to me. Have to agree with @Joe Mac and @Dark Star Boogie so far. It’s subtle but nice sounding, I got the single lp as well and we know QRP does good work. I have no complaints from a pressing side. I’ll a-b digital versions at some point.

I’d be curious the ones you read. Seems favorable across the board to me. Have to agree with @Joe Mac and @Dark Star Boogie so far. It’s subtle but nice sounding, I got the single lp as well and we know QRP does good work. I have no complaints from a pressing side. I’ll a-b digital versions at some point.

Yeah the mix is very subtle, it doesn’t sound as different as the last two he did. That said Abbey Road didn’t need much work, it already sounded good, I’m just glad to have a better pressing than the 2012 stereo one that I had previously been working from. The European 3LP was pressed at Optimal in Germany.

Yeah the mix is very subtle, it doesn’t sound as different as the last two he did. That said Abbey Road didn’t need much work, it already sounded good, I’m just glad to have a better pressing that’s the 2012 stereo one that I had previously been working from. The European 3LP was pressed at Optimal in Germany.
Yeah, Optimal can be a mixed bag, but are pretty good too.

Back