The April 2023 Record Spin Challenge: "Want to go around again? I do."

April 29 - Happy Death Day! Play an album about death or one that is about the future.

I'm sitting in the airport waiting to board the plane to Vegas for my insane layover. And I'm streaming this (I do have it on vinyl) because I'm clearly a masochist. It's strangely appropriate given what I'm doing, but man does this album hurt even in the best of times. Too fitting for today for so many reasons.

Mount Erie - A Crow Looked at Me
Screenshot_2023-04-29-19-34-26-11_b842316e563230167e12cc31f5ffaf19.jpg

April 29 - Happy Death Day! Play an album about death or one that is about the future.

I'm sitting in the airport waiting to board the plane to Vegas for my insane layover. And I'm streaming this (I do have it on vinyl) because I'm clearly a masochist. It's strangely appropriate given what I'm doing, but man does this album hurt even in the best of times. Too fitting for today for so many reasons.

Mount Erie - A Crow Looked at Me
View attachment 173345
Such a brutal album in it’s own right. I would be a mess.

Last edited:
Good times, @Hemotep. Thinking about you, brother.

April 30 - It's Your Funeral. Funerals suck. I always thought I'd rather just force all my loved ones to listen to some albums I've preselected for them while they think about how great I was. Play the album you'd force your loved ones to listen to at your funeral.

I believe about every emotion and message I'd want to leave behind is somewhere in these grooves.

Adios, amigos...

Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Weld

20220515_235826.jpg

April 30 - It's Your Funeral. Funerals suck. I always thought I'd rather just force all my loved ones to listen to some albums I've preselected for them while they think about how great I was. Play the album you'd force your loved ones to listen to at your funeral.

Talking Heads "Speaking In Tongues" (1983 Sire; 2013 Rhino)
Well, I'd obviously order some Talking Heads while people are mingling. And lots of funk. Upbeat stuff.

IMG_0053.JPG

Back