The April 2023 Record Spin Challenge: "Want to go around again? I do."

April 30 - It's Your Funeral. Funerals suck. I always thought I'd rather just force all my loved ones to listen to some albums I've preselected for them while they think about how great I was. Play the album you'd force your loved ones to listen to at your funeral
PXL_20230430_212722766.jpg
LCD Soundsystem "The Long Goodbye" - You're here for a good time and a long time! I don't like funerals, who does really, I have to go to one soon and as much as I would like it to be an upbeat affair it won't be. If you have to go to my funeral at least know you'll be hearing a lot of my absolute favorite songs and I'd hope they'd inspire you to think of the good times and not dwell on the bad ones!

Thank you @Hemotep for inspiring a beautiful month of music both joyful and inspirational and also music that is sad as fuck! It's always fun getting to participate and actually finish!

April 30 - It's Your Funeral. Funerals suck. I always thought I'd rather just force all my loved ones to listen to some albums I've preselected for them while they think about how great I was. Play the album you'd force your loved ones to listen to at your funeral.

Yeah, I'd like it to be a celebration.

Jimmy Smith - Root Down
IMG_5035.jpeg

1682891086998.gif

I can't believe I made it.
Thanks for hosting @Hemotep , my thoughts are with you buddy.

April 30 - It's Your Funeral. Funerals suck. I always thought I'd rather just force all my loved ones to listen to some albums I've preselected for them while they think about how great I was. Play the album you'd force your loved ones to listen to at your funeral.

Yeah, I'd like it to be a celebration.

Jimmy Smith - Root Down
View attachment 173443

View attachment 173444

I can't believe I made it.
Thanks for hosting @Hemotep , my thoughts are with you buddy.
Comeback of the year award!

April 30 - It's Your Funeral. Funerals suck. I always thought I'd rather just force all my loved ones to listen to some albums I've preselected for them while they think about how great I was. Play the album you'd force your loved ones to listen to at your funeral

I've told my wife only half jokingly that I'd like a beach party instead of a funeral. Caribbean, Hawaii, Michigan shoreline, wherever...

IMG_3986.JPG

Well it took me a week, but in an attempt to be better in my 40s, I oughta do that prize wheel.

And since I can't post a picture, y'all will just have to trust me when I say that @imtheocean won the spin!

Congrats! Now for your mystery prize I'll need your address, email, and discogs. Email is in case I go the Bandcamp route.

Cheers and thank you all for such a fun month while I did the emotional rollercoaster on my mom's damned cancer train. It's almost near it's final stop and y'all have been too kind and kept me feeling sane. The music never dies!

Well it took me a week, but in an attempt to be better in my 40s, I oughta do that prize wheel.

And since I can't post a picture, y'all will just have to trust me when I say that @imtheocean won the spin!

Congrats! Now for your mystery prize I'll need your address, email, and discogs. Email is in case I go the Bandcamp route.

Cheers and thank you all for such a fun month while I did the emotional rollercoaster on my mom's damned cancer train. It's almost near it's final stop and y'all have been too kind and kept me feeling sane. The music never dies!
Well, rest assured that I trust you implicitly. Thanks and much appreciated! Details incoming, love a mystery prize and I'm glad we were able to give you a much needed distraction.

Back