The 1001 Album Generator Project Thread

Should we do a group project

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tonight/Tomorrow's listen:
8200247862e8e286b139c6316c6c6b43f42650ad

An album I have listened to, but admittedly not given enough time. Will report back.
Pretty great Psychedelia as could be expected. Had no idea that was their first with Ms. Slick. Is worth a five for Somebody to Love and White Rabbit alone.

I was unable to get to RUN DMC yesterday. As some of you know, I’ve been a little preoccupied recently. I’ve paused the personal project for a minute.

I don't think a background listen at work was the right atmosphere for this. Really just came across as noise.
First generation Dino Jr. (which is my favorite generation) Bug and You’re Living All Over Me fluctuate back and forth as my Favorite. I don’t have Bug on vinyl yet (I am waiting to find an OG SST pressing) I have the cassette tape though.

It’s always better to be able to crank those J Mascis guitars for full effect.

78a013a78c8f9a03a9e496b2222abdb85ad09175

David Gray - White Ladder

Thought I had listened to David Gray before, not so sure and too busy to be making this post, much less searching last.fm right now. All I know is that at the end of the first song this is 100% right up my fucking alley. Sounds like late Dylan and Peter Gabriel made an album together and I love it.

Day 100

ab67616d0000b273dd2d50ea0c0f3e840d903d41

I don't really gravitate toward vocal jazz all that much outside of Nina Simone. I can appreciate it (and do!), but I don't seek it out too often save for specific settings or company. I don't know that I've ever listened to more than the odd song here and there from Sarah Vaughan before this but this was quite a delight. Her rapport with the audience, in particular, is a treat; it feels very casual while also feeling like a formal show - a perfect atmosphere for something like this. And her voice is top notch - it's obviously no mistake that she's considered one of the greats. 5/5

Back