The 1001 Album Generator Project Thread

Should we do a group project

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Funnily enough, this was the next record up in the similar book I have been reading:

This book won out over the inspiration here because it was available on my kindle.

I normally spend a week with the record from that book adding it to my weekly playlist and putting the further listening stuff at the end of the playlist.

Giving up his version of 1984 was, and still is, very sad for me. I spent a LOT of 2015/2016 with that album.
TBH, was kinda done with Adams new stuff around then, I didn’t care much for his previous Self-Titled album and his 1989 covers record seemed like a a needy attempt for relevancy Leaching off of Taylor as she was becoming the biggest thing in music.

Yeah, Heartbreaker is an all time great. I was in a lull with him for a bit too until 1989, and then loved Prisoner. Then I remember being really hyped for the follow-up until his shithead news hit, and it was scrapped. Haven't followed him since, but still listen to a couple of his old records, and Whiskeytown from time to time.

TBH, was kinda done with Adams new stuff around then, I didn’t care much for his previous Self-Titled album and his 1989 covers record seemed like a a needy attempt for relevancy Leaching off of Taylor as she was becoming the biggest thing in music.

I can dig that. His "Leaching off of Taylor" completely changed the way I looked and listened to her for the better, so I'm glad he did it and feel like that's a positive take away from my limited time with him before his fall.

I can dig that. His "Leaching off of Taylor" completely changed the way I looked and listened to her for the better, so I'm glad he did it and feel like that's a positive take away from my limited time with him before his fall.
I mean same. I did not take Swift seriously until Adams showed me that she was actually worth a damn.

I have a complicated relationship with her too. I actually love her music. Her lyrics for the most part (1989 and the National albums she sang on -and even there too- being the exceptions) are VAPID. She is self centered and righteously indignant about it. I mean I get why she speaks to teenagers.

It was funny to me that so many of her fans hated on Midnights because it seemed like the quintessential Swift album to me.

I really enjoyed Taylor Swift’s “Shake It Off” it’s a pretty perfect Pop song. Beyond that she’s never been my jam. I thought I would enjoy her recent stuff with The Dressners and Antonoff but it never clicked with me.

I really enjoyed Taylor Swift’s “Shake It Off” it’s a pretty perfect Pop song. Beyond that she’s never been my jam. I thought I would enjoy her recent stuff with The Dressners and Antonoff but it never clicked with me.
Adams does 1989, I start paying attention. Then the Dressners make two beautiful neo-folk albums with her. (BTW, I like The National but not like a lot of y'all like The National). I went from zero Swift albums in my collection to I now own four on vinyl.

Back