That Escalated Quickly (aka Common Records Turned Rare)

Here's another one I had no idea was going for so much now...I grabbed this one off reddit for $25 a few years ago...

THC also crept up on price a while back. About a year ago, I saw a few copies around the $20 mark.

I'm actually a bit surprised at this. I know that his other vinyl releases have gone for ridiculous money for a quite a while (the unnumbered Jeffrey I picked up from VMP for 18 bucks goes for more than 200 now) but this one was pretty widely available in stores not that long ago. I actually saw it used at my local for about 25 bucks not that long ago. The VMP version actually sat around in the store for quite a while as well. I even think it was put up for sale at one point...

Sold a box set recently and then was looking at other records I have on Discogs sorted by median price. this took me by surprise.

Everyone jumped on the khruangbin train pretty hard and all their releases have jumped...like this one

Everyone jumped on the khruangbin train pretty hard and all their releases have jumped...like this one
holy shit!

I just listed my copy because I don't care about that album to keep it at that going rate. I might pick up the regular repress of it if I do want to listen to it again. It's the only Khruangbin record I like and it's a great mood-setter/chill party record so I'm torn to part with it. But for those prices I can't say no 🤷‍♂️

Back