That Escalated Quickly (aka Common Records Turned Rare)

Sold a box set recently and then was looking at other records I have on Discogs sorted by median price. this took me by surprise.

I can't even find a standard copy for under $36 shipped (plus tax)

Sold a box set recently and then was looking at other records I have on Discogs sorted by median price. this took me by surprise.

lol just accepted an offer for $275

madness 🤑

Yeah, Random Access Memories is OOS like everywhere now.
I got this used for $24 at a local store a couple months ago. Which means the person who sold it to them probably got $12 for it. They’re probably pretty pissed right now.

Also, Manchester Orchestra just announced represses of everything except Black Mile to the Surface, which could be bought on Amazon at longest like 4 months ago. Current going rate.....$120. The vinyl market is obnoxious as hell, but also fun as hell to watch.

Last edited:
Ugh... Really wish I had pulled the trigger on this one a year or so ago 😢
Same! I had it in my cart for $90 on eBay a long while ago and just didn’t pull the trigger. Really kicking myself for that. I also thought the albums were going to get a standalone issue but that never materialized. It would be awesome if it got reissued but I’m not holding my breath.

Prices are skyrocketing everywhere. I'd guess we likely are at the peak of the market: COVID-19 has really hit the supply chain hard, I think the effects of fires and pressing plants closing has caught up with new releases, the cold weather and the pandemic mean people have nowhere to go, economy is slightly better and there is light at the end of the tunnel.

So buying an expensive record now may be like the vinyl equivalent of buying a house in 2006.

I knew this was due to rise after sitting on shelves for years... But it's really gone up in the past few months... I think once the collective consciousness realized it's Keven Gray remastered it suddenly became a hotter commodity...

The Kinks – The Mono Collection (2016, Box Set)

Take a look at the EU pressing, about 5 have gone for in and around €400 since Christmas so the median on that one has skyrocketed too!

i think i got this at a time when vmp had real sales for under 100$

They had this box too? I got it for €160 off JPC which I thought was a good price for 9 albums over 10 discs! Seems even better now!

They had this box too? I got it for €160 off JPC which I thought was a good price for 9 albums over 10 discs!
Yes it was so cheap that I risked getting hit with customs fees ( which I did not have to pay) but that was before vmp reinvented the box set

Back