That Escalated Quickly (aka Common Records Turned Rare)

Enjoy!!! What you grabbing in its place though ?😂
Enjoy!!! What you grabbing in its place though ?😂
I was going to put the money in savings but decided I had to at least get one album off my want list that was otherwise too expensive. So I grabbed the deluxe edition of Amy Winehouse Back to Black to replace my crappy sounding copy (h/t @RowBearToe for the inspiration)

Blur- 13

Yeah. I occasionally look at this an think 'should I?' but it's still safe on the shelf

This is the mad one in my collection. What records had so many left over they were slinging them for a tenner at one point

I was going to put the money in savings but decided I had to at least get one album off my want list that was otherwise too expensive. So I grabbed the deluxe edition of Amy Winehouse Back to Black to replace my crappy sounding copy (h/t @RowBearToe for the inspiration)

Is that the half speed? Let me know your thoughts on it when it comes. I have...too many pressings of BtB (a couple of them even sound decent) but if that one is a substantial upgrade I may need to do this as well and maybe PIF or sell one or two of the other copies I have.

Is that the half speed? Let me know your thoughts on it when it comes. I have...too many pressings of BtB (a couple of them even sound decent) but if that one is a substantial upgrade I may need to do this as well and maybe PIF or sell one or two of the other copies I have.
Yeah, the half speed with bonus tracks. @RowBearToe has it already and might be able to comment on how it sounds - I ordered it from Sound of Vinyl UK so probably won’t have it for a while.

.......on the flip side, an album that deserves the attention it's been getting as of late. This was a $10 crate find in NM/NM condition a while back, simply brilliant. If you have the opportunity this might be one to jump on ;)

.......on the flip side, an album that deserves the attention it's been getting as of late. This was a $10 crate find in NM/NM condition a while back, simply brilliant. If you have the opportunity this might be one to jump on ;)
Yeah! I saw this one 2 years ago at my local in the bin for $25 and couldn't grab it fast enough!

Related, I got this one off Amazon for $25 in 2017, another one that continues to climb

I’ve been watching for one of those stateside for awhile now. It’s been priced with shipping more than the record but I need to grab it.

Yeah, the half speed with bonus tracks. @RowBearToe has it already and might be able to comment on how it sounds - I ordered it from Sound of Vinyl UK so probably won’t have it for a while.

I don't have audiofile ears, but it sounds great to me! I'm definitely good at telling a bad sounding pressing from a good sounding one. But distinguishing the higher end greats from excellents, isn't something I do well haha

That’s exactly where I got mine and a couple other Blur records! That price sounds right
Yep! Leisure & The Great Escape. I bought a bunch of Pogues albums as well as Death Proof & Inglorious Basterds soundtracks. Those 2 are rising too! I’m going to miss Insound.

God this needs to be repressed. One of my favorite albums ever. I did find a nice used copy of Love Hysteria recently, which sounds pretty damn good for an 80’s vinyl.

This one suddenly jumped up too. I think I got mine for $30

SST doesn’t really let stuff go OOP for long right? It’ll get another pressing soon I’m sure. I definitely got that exact pressing for like $20 maybe 8 years ago or so?

Back