That Escalated Quickly (aka Common Records Turned Rare)

This one also jumped up significantly. Median at $158, which is inline with the lowest US price listed shipping from elsewhere.
Honestly though, this is 100% a reference album for me, and I don't know what it would need to jump to for me to sell it.

Definitely one of the more interesting ones where it's cheaper to get a Audio Fidelity OG than a recent repress, though the absolutely glowing reviews on the AP version make that more sense.

I don't know why this one shot up so much. I mean it's a good album, but these prices are crazy. Multiple listed for $250, median listed at $195
Probably the Billie Eilish effect (she's dating the lead singer)

Well this seems like a great price for this

It is funny how people automatically think misprint means that adds value. I see comments like that a lot on Discogs where someone gets a misprint and is lamenting it in the reviews and either they or someone else will comment how that will make it more valuable (whether it be labels, jackets, etc.). Like, no, it will not. There are some instances of misprints that make something a valuable collectors item but I think that is probably the exception rather than the rule.

It seems, if I read the listing correctly, the misprint is that a label wasn't printing on the disc? Honestly, I'd pay less for this "misprint" than I would an actual correct copy. That is such a laughable amount being asked.

It is funny how people automatically think misprint means that adds value. I see comments like that a lot on Discogs where someone gets a misprint and is lamenting it in the reviews and either they or someone else will comment how that will make it more valuable (whether it be labels, jackets, etc.). Like, no, it will not. There are some instances of misprints that make something a valuable collectors item but I think that is probably the exception rather than the rule.

It seems, if I read the listing correctly, the misprint is that a label wasn't printing on the disc? Honestly, I'd pay less for this "misprint" than I would an actual correct copy. That is such a laughable amount being asked.
The best part is: "There is only ONE of these... as far as I can tell."

bitch if you're going to shoot for six zeroes you better be fucking POSITIVE there's only one

irrespective of the fact that yeah this is worth less than a regular copy of that album

So do I buy a ticket to the show, buy a record at said show, and profit in X years? Is that a thing?
Well this one in particular was only pressed once in 2020 at 1,000 total, prior to them really blowing up. It’s a great set, but for a band that releases mixed SBDs of every show, it’s more of a novelty on vinyl for me.

I have some other live releases from around that time that I’m considering letting go now, seeing that they’ve sold for near $400. I guess people think they’re either never going to repress it or it’s only going to go up? Idk, but FWIW one of their Qrates releases that was selling for $150-200 just got put back up for a repress, so they’re definitely open to repressing stuff.

Well this one in particular was only pressed once in 2020 at 1,000 total, prior to them really blowing up. It’s a great set, but for a band that releases mixed SBDs of every show, it’s more of a novelty on vinyl for me.

I have some other live releases from around that time that I’m considering letting go now, seeing that they’ve sold for near $400. I guess people think they’re either never going to repress it or it’s only going to go up? Idk, but FWIW one of their Qrates releases that was selling for $150-200 just got put back up for a repress, so they’re definitely open to repressing stuff.
As I recall, Alive & Well did get a repress, but it did not come with the booklet and isn’t numbered.

On a related note, the Cincy NYE 2022 4 LP set is shipping. I had totally forgotten that I pre-ordered it From Diggers!

As I recall, Alive & Well did get a repress, but it did not come with the booklet and isn’t numbered.

On a related note, the Cincy NYE 2022 4 LP set is shipping. I had totally forgotten that I pre-ordered it From Diggers!
Yes, though I think it was the same pressing, but the first 650/1000 had the booklet.

Got Cincy yesterday, looks beautiful and a great package. Nice artwork and solid sleeves. Gonna give it a whirl today.

In one of the more annoying vinyl oddities, now Body Talk Volume 1 has creeped up in price enough to not be as attractive as option for those unwilling to pony up three digits for the more expensive RSD release. And we still don't have all three volumes

Back