Ten Favorite Albums of the Decade (2010-2019)

Only recent take of your's here i agree with lol
Look, I'm not saying that Weyes Blood album is bad, it's just not as special as its hype leads me to believe. I'll take an under hyped good album (that ross album) over an over hyped good album (weyes blood) any day of the week.

And what you dont think Blonde and MBDTF are "an album that will be talked about decades from now"?

I’d agree with that description of it entirely. I understand what you mean about For Emma, I just think it’s beautiful and that beauty draws me in. The new one could pass it for me with more listens though, it’s really growing on me!
The new one is my 2nd favorite of his right behind self titled.

Look, I'm not saying that Weyes Blood album is bad, it's just not as special as its hype leads me to believe. I'll take an under hyped good album (that ross album) over an over hyped good album (weyes blood) any day of the week.

And what you dont think Blonde and MBDTF are "an album that will be talked about decades from now"?
I agree with those! The takes i was referring to were that TPaB is not Kendrick's best album (it is IMO), and that Weyes Blood is over hyped.

rick ross is not good tf do you mean

also yes I think Blonde will be talked about decades from now. However, the fact that MBDTF speaks about our political landscape and the plight of an African American in modern America with such a tragic grace that I just feel like this is an album that deserves the number 1 spot. Cliche? Probably. But I don't care when the album is just THAT. GOOD.

I probably also have a soft spot for this album because of it pulling me back in to R&HH. I'll admit, I was kind of in an EDGY TEEN phase when this album came out, thinking that all rap is garbage and that rock and metal are the only true music forms left. Ugh, I cringe thinking about it now. But this album intrigued me enough to listen, and god damn did it shut my stupid teen face up lol

rick ross is not good tf do you mean

also yes I think Blonde will be talked about decades from now. However, the fact that MBDTF speaks about our political landscape and the plight of an African American in modern America with such a tragic grace that I just feel like this is an album that deserves the number 1 spot. Cliche? Probably. But I don't care when the album is just THAT. GOOD.

I probably also have a soft spot for this album because of it pulling me back in to R&HH. I'll admit, I was kind of in an EDGY TEEN phase when this album came out, thinking that all rap is garbage and that rock and metal are the only true music forms left. Ugh, I cringe thinking about it now. But this album intrigued me enough to listen, and god damn did it shut my stupid teen face up lol

I think TPAB does all the things you say MBDTF does but better.

honestly, put kendrick at #1, kanye #2, frank #3, and beyonce #4 and it would be great

I find it funny that kendrick is rated at a 9.3 on their website and frank is a 9.0 lol fuck consistency

You're putting Kanye at #2 of the decade, and have obviously heard "Devil in a New Dress," so idk how u can have this take.
idk how u can praise MBDTF and not recognize the best verse on the album

I mean yeah his verse was really good. But are you sure it wasn't in part influenced by Kanye being on top of his game and helping him write the song as well? I mean has Ross ever written something as good as this before or since then on his own? NOT. EVEN. CLOSE.

also I still fail to see the reason that a COMP ALBUM of all his TERRIBLE songs deserved to be in the top 150 albums of the decade?

I mean yeah his verse was really good. But are you sure it wasn't in part influenced by Kanye being on top of his game and helping him write the song as well? I mean has Ross ever written something as good as this before or since then on his own? NOT. EVEN. CLOSE.

also I still fail to see the reason that a COMP ALBUM of all his TERRIBLE songs deserved to be in the top 150 albums of the decade?
I'm not saying Ross would make any top list of mine, but the dude has some bangers, and I'm usually not mad when hes on.

You're putting Kanye at #2 of the decade, and have obviously heard "Devil in a New Dress," so idk how u can have this take.

I'M MAKING LOVE TO THE ANGEL OF DEATH
CATCHING FEELINGS, NEVER STUMBLE; RETRACING MY STEPS
I think Devil in a New Dress is my favorite Kanye song. Also a great song name.

>Ross was influenced by another artist and possibly had his verse co-written, therefore we can't give it the same amount of credit
I've got some bad news, bro

View attachment 19222

giphy.gif

Still don't like Rick Ross tho

ion even listen to Ross like that but I put that tape on and this song is fire.

Ross def has one of the best presences I've heard in rap. He could be saying the corniest shit ever and it'd still sound fire cause of how he raps.

I mean, to each their own again. He may have a great presence, but I don't feel like just having a good presence can make a great song. A lot of his songs annoy me because nothing is being said in them.

No Cities To Love should have been on the list somewhere. Center Won't Hold I'm actually glad isn't on there

I almost said The Woods but forgot it came out in 2005 lol
Oh for sure No Cities to Love. Definitely not The Center Won't Hold - although it is slowly growing on me.

But there aren't a lot of people around that would say they aren't an extremely important band. And NCTL was a really good album!

Back