Television

Currently re-watching The X-Files.

I skip an occasional episode here and there...some just aren't good.

I'm one of the few that like the later Robert Patrick/Annabeth Gish episodes.
In my last rewatch, I found those ones much more enjoyable than the first time around.

In my last rewatch, I found those ones much more enjoyable than the first time around.

I found that by the time you get to them when binging, the show needed a bit of a change...and both leads seemed to not really care about the show by then.

But that said, I also haven't read any commentary by Esmail since the series ended, so I had no idea he had already responded to this. I'm not convinced it went off exactly as planned; maybe close, but it still ultimately feels like there was a piece missing, to me.
It does sound like the timeline got changed. After Joanna died he gave an interview saying that she was always going to meet that fate but that it didnt happen when he originally intended.

Re: Mr Robot

There are aspects to Tyrell’s arc that like, especially the episode in the final season when he’s essentially with Elliot the whole time. However, it still does yeah feel like there’s something missing to his overall story. He’s the character that has kind of the least satisfying payoff in terms of where he starts and ends and I do wonder if there wasn’t supposed to be more to him. There are some especially strange things he does in S1 that seem to have some sort of focus on them and then they’re basically never a thing again. It’s weird.

Overall though, I think Mr Robot tells an incredible story from beginning to end. And even though I’ve rewatched it before (minus the final season), I’m looking forward to a complete run through.

Not sure how much it might be up people's alleys but the Netflix "Who Killed Malcolm X?" is pretty damn interesting. I thought I knew most of it but holy shit.. the idea that his real killer has been known for over a decade was a bit of a mind blower to me. Anyone else watch? Prince Paul and Don Newkirk do the music too!

My OnDemand menu showed there only being one more episode of The Outsider to go, but I looked it up this morning and it's a 10 episode run. That makes more sense than seven.
I'm enjoying it. I can't say I have any theories, just kind of riding along and watching.
Here's a couple questions though...
If Terry scratched Claude, why is Jack the infected one? Or, are we going to see Claude be the next murderer? Does each murderer have an accomplice, like Tracey was for Heath? Does that mean there's one for Terry that we don't know about? Or maybe I missed something, which is always possible.

2 episode left of Mr Robot (quickly skimming past all the thoughts on this show)!, and 3 episodes into Homecoming. Esmail may be one of the great TV auteurs of our generation. Hoping Homecoming keeps up the momentum, every episode so far is Uber tense.

I think Homecoming does! Wish he was coming back for S2 as a director.

Lol, for some reason I only though there was 10 episodes of Mr Robot but there’s 13 this season so I actually have 5 still to watch.

I'm currently re-watching Idiot Abroad and as much as I enjoy(ed) it, man, there are some very problematic bits in this show that I didn't remember at all.
Just wanted to say that I listen to the XFM tapes everyday at work (I must of listened to all of them about 10 times now) and its the same thing with those. They are great and incredibly fun to listen to, but theres a lot of material that they would get destroyed for using today.

OK, so, I just started season 5 of "The Mary Tyler Moore Show". This was apparently the season where the Rhoda character left for her spin-off show, but, I guess that was only covered on the "Rhoda" show and not on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show". I thought there was going to be some transitional episode where they explained she was leaving, but...she's just not there at all. Which is really odd because one of the big things about this show is that Rhoda is always popping in at Mary's apartment or even at the news station where she works. I'm sure it made sense during the original network broadcast run, but watching it on a streaming service all these years later without any context was rather disjointed.

Last edited:
I have not read the novel. He scares me too much.

I'm completely intrigued. My cousin talked me through his theory so I'm a bit more settled about it. I guess my angst was that when I went into this show, I didn't know that I would have to suspend a certain amount of disbelief. Like, with Game of Thrones, I knew going in that it was fantasy and so my expectations were set. Whereas for The Outsider, I thought it was a drama about a murder. I didn't realize there was some other aspect to it so it was all just confusing to me. I'm better now.
Add me to the scaredy cat club. I want to see what y'all are talking about with this one, but I'm afraid that it's going to be too scary for me. I really can't do gore at all.

I've been flitting about on Hulu and I found one of my favorite shows ever. Outnumbered is so perfect and so much like my life. It's really fun to laugh at myself and be re-assured that other people go through a lot of the same things with their kids.

For anyone who likes quirky shows like Dirk Gently, I found a new one for you. It's called Lodge 49 and it's delightful. I just wrapped up season 1 and I'm excited to watch season 2. Season 3 is supposed to be released later this year.

Add me to the scaredy cat club. I want to see what y'all are talking about with this one, but I'm afraid that it's going to be too scary for me. I really can't do gore at all.

I've been flitting about on Hulu and I found one of my favorite shows ever. Outnumbered is so perfect and so much like my life. It's really fun to laugh at myself and be re-assured that other people go through a lot of the same things with their kids.

For anyone who likes quirky shows like Dirk Gently, I found a new one for you. It's called Lodge 49 and it's delightful. I just wrapped up season 1 and I'm excited to watch season 2. Season 3 is supposed to be released later this year.

I can not speak to future episodes, but The Outsider has not been gorey at all. I mean, there is blood in the 1st episode but it isn't awful It's weird and intriguing more than anything. But it is Steven King. And I am fully prepared to turn the tv off as soon as I'm scared only to abandon the show and never watch another minute, just like Chernobyl.

Anyone caught Mythic Quest? Was looking forrward to it, binged it.. and well.. let's hope season 2 is A LOT better. Curious if anyone else caught it anad t heir thoughts?

Anyone caught Mythic Quest? Was looking forrward to it, binged it.. and well.. let's hope season 2 is A LOT better. Curious if anyone else caught it anad t heir thoughts?
So I wasn’t that interested in this show but decided to just check it out the other night on a whim. Watched two episodes so far and it’s alright. It has funny moments, and it’s almost akin to Silicon Valley, but so far it’s not something I love or hate. It just kinda is.

I’ll try and finish it soon. To be honest it’s better than I was expecting, but I was expecting it to be bad. I don’t think it’s bad so far.

Today also marks the release of the High Fidelity tv series, which I’m anxious to check out. I remember loving the movie, but lately I’ve been reading a lot of pieces that have been tearing it down, saying it doesn’t hold up anymore. I haven’t seen it in years, so I’d be curious to see how I feel now. The TV series sounds Interesting, albeit maybe unnecessary. I’ve read mixed things on it, so I wonder how it’ll work on me.

Back