Television

God damn you, I really like Jesse Armstrong and this might get me to watch it.

It just looks so fucking boring.
I was also super resistant to watching this for all the same reasons (and I give pretty much every semi-interesting show a shot).
I finally had to give in because I needed to watch at least a few episodes for work and I wound up looking at 8 straight in one sitting.
Now I love it for all the reasons other people have already stated and can't wait for more episodes.

So... I've expressed my love for Mr. Robot several times in this thread. I've watched season 1 twice (it was even better the second time).

I just started the process of rewatching S2 and S3 in prep for S4 (S2 feels incredibly relevant in the era of Trump and aired before his election).

Anyways, it got me wondering (especially after people starting talking about the reasons they haven't been watching Succession)...

Quick poll:
1) How many of you have been watching Mr. Robot the whole way through?
2) How many of you watched S1 but then stopped. And if so, where did you stop?
3) How many of you have not watched it- and if so, why?

Watched it all the way (season 1& 2 twice) and love it...I'm still 2 episodes behind, but will probably watch them tomorrow.

Funny. I watched season 1 & 2 a couple months ago but s2 was such a step down in writing quality that I stopped there.

So you are saying I should keep going? S1 was wonderful.
Yep, series 3 was much better than 2 and it’s plot line continues and resolves the cases from series 1 and 2.. definitely worth a watch

So... I've expressed my love for Mr. Robot several times in this thread. I've watched season 1 twice (it was even better the second time).

I just started the process of rewatching S2 and S3 in prep for S4 (S2 feels incredibly relevant in the era of Trump and aired before his election).

Anyways, it got me wondering (especially after people starting talking about the reasons they haven't been watching Succession)...

Quick poll:

I've watched the seasons multiple times...and am current with this season...it's good.

For some reason Greg reminds me of Jonah from VEEP.

I'm late to the Succession train but binge watched S1 over three nights...think I'm going to take my time w S2 as I know I'll just be mad once I'm done and S3 is so far off.
I completely agree - Greg reminds me of Jonah.

Quick poll:

I have watched all of Mr. Robot except the current season airing. I really like it although I usually have no idea what is going on. Lol

Quick poll:
I've said it before, but I love Mr Robot. It's probably my favorite show still on the air. I've rewatched seasons 1 and 2 a couple of times each, and I'm currently still watching through season 3 again while still keeping up with the new season. Personally, I think the show continues to grow throughout each season, with everything building and building. S2 is incredible to me. I still can't fathom why people think it's a step down. (although the one thing I don't like that much about it is the big twist - which I think may be why people don't bother with the show - believing that it's all about big reveals and twists). But everything else in S2 contains so many moments and character development that I find it really impressive TV. Also, the cinematography in general in all the seasons is so goddamn good I can't think of another show that does it better (in my opinion).

So far season 4 is pretty great yet a little slow sorta. Who knows where its going though. I sure don't. And that's really exciting.

Wife and I binged all the way through the rest of Fleabag last night. What an incredible show. Definitely see why she won the Emmy this year.
Right! 2 seasons at 6 ep’s a piece it is a real easy show to watch. Sophie Waller-Bridge is brilliant, super charming and such talent. Fun Wiki Fact: Sophie Waller-Bridge did the voice of droid L3-37 in Solo: A Star Wars Movie.

Wife and I binged all the way through the rest of Fleabag last night. What an incredible show. Definitely see why she won the Emmy this year.
Right! 2 seasons at 6 ep’s a piece it is a real easy show to watch. Sophie Waller-Bridge is brilliant, super charming and such talent. Fun Wiki Fact: Sophie Waller-Bridge did the voice of droid L3-37 in Solo: A Star Wars Movie.
It's a perfect show. Not only the content but also that it is 2 seasons and done. It doesn't go on and on and on, not knowing when to end (I'm looking at you, Grey's Anatomy and Shameless!)

It's a perfect show. Not only the content but also that it is 2 seasons and done. It doesn't go on and on and on, not knowing when to end (I'm looking at you, Grey's Anatomy and Shameless!)
Wait, WHAT?! That's all we're getting? Wow, what an ending then!
I'm pretty sure I've heard her say recently that she isnt opposed to more Fleabag but she has nothing written currently and plans on doing other things for a while, but if the spark catches her she would do more because she loves the character.

Since we loved Fleabag so much, the wife and I watched through the only season of Crashing this weekend. Not nearly as fun, but had its moments.

What a strange, beautiful, bizarre almost Lynch-ian nightmare of an episode of Mr Robot last night. The mood was incredible, the layers of theming were great. Although I feel this season sure has taken its time developing the plot, its had some really nice standalone moments and episodes. The plot inches forward, but it’s so much more about the characters so far and I’m okay with that.

What a strange, beautiful, bizarre almost Lynch-ian nightmare of an episode of Mr Robot last night. The mood was incredible, the layers of theming were great. Although I feel this season sure has taken its time developing the plot, its had some really nice standalone moments and episodes. The plot inches forward, but it’s so much more about the characters so far and I’m okay with that.
I can't wait to dive into this season. This is a show I need to binge because I get so confused, if I don't watch each episode immediately, I really don't follow along with the story. So, I need it to end before I start. Lol

I can't wait to dive into this season. This is a show I need to binge because I get so confused, if I don't watch each episode immediately, I really don't follow along with the story. So, I need it to end before I start. Lol
I kind of wished I had waited to watch it all. I know with some shows it’s nice to have a week to take it all in, and I do that with this show. But so far this season seems like it’ll be much better as a binge honestly.

Back