Television

It was the guy from Walking Dead and the Asian comic who did the pregnant special on Netflix. Basically they have a road rage episode and then start trying to destroy each other’s lives.
Steven Yeun and Ali Wong both won Emmy’s last night along with the series itself. I haven’t watched it yet. It’s the fact that it was all dropped at once making it more like 10 hour movie than a TV show and given the subject matter I think this would not be a show I would enjoy binging.

Steven Yeun and Ali Wong both won Emmy’s last night along with the series itself. I haven’t watched it yet. It’s the fact that it was all dropped at once making it more like 10 hour movie than a TV show and given the subject matter I think this would not be a show I would enjoy binging.
I didn’t binge it. I can binge new episodes of Bluey, but everything else takes me a bit.

The fact that it was dropped all at once (thanks a lot, Netflix) was part of the reason I was pretty meh on it. Would have appreciated a weekly drop to spread out the angst a bit.

The fact that it was dropped all at once (thanks a lot, Netflix) was part of the reason I was pretty meh on it. Would have appreciated a weekly drop to spread out the angst a bit.
This conversation, and the Fargo finale (which I haven't seen yet), has me wondering if there has ever been a show where they released new episodes weekly but didn't tell you in advance how long the season was going to be, so that when you sit down to watch episode 8 or episode 10, you didn't know whether it was going to be the finale or not. I think I would like that for a bunch of reasons, but mostly because I tend to put unfair expectations on a finale to "stick the landing."

This conversation, and the Fargo finale (which I haven't seen yet), has me wondering if there has ever been a show where they released new episodes weekly but didn't tell you in advance how long the season was going to be, so that when you sit down to watch episode 8 or episode 10, you didn't know whether it was going to be the finale or not. I think I would like that for a bunch of reasons, but mostly because I tend to put unfair expectations on a finale to "stick the landing."
Game Of Thrones kinda broke that for me since the penultimate episode was usually the big climax of the season with the finale being more of a dènouement and I feel like that has become a more common occurrence since.

As far as not realizing I was watching a finale, I have had that happen a few times but I usually find that more disappointing as I am usually left either wanting more.

We are hoping to catch the Fargo finale this week, but it might not be until the weekend when we have time for it. I expect some fireworks.

We started Slow Horses last night...just watched the first episode. It was ok, didn't dislike it, but I think I'll need another episode to see if it's one we'll keep on with.

We are hoping to catch the Fargo finale this week, but it might not be until the weekend when we have time for it. I expect some fireworks.

We started Slow Horses last night...just watched the first episode. It was ok, didn't dislike it, but I think I'll need another episode to see if it's one we'll keep on with.
Please stick with it. S1 was good, S2 was better and S3 was fantastic.

I don’t know how long this new season of True Detective is. And I can’t remember how long the other ones were. 8 episodes maybe?

Season 5 of Fargo was great. Cast was fantastic all around.

I loved the final scenes between Ole Munch and Dot and the fam. Ole Munch talking about debt tied together that arching theme of the season well. And Dot's unending optimism to push through with forgiveness v. debt (and Ole Munch's sort of embodiment of capital "D" Debt) was really well done.

Ole Munch is probably up there with V.M. Varga as one of my favorite offbeat characters the show has given us.

Although Dot was probably the most "fun" (if that makes sense) character there has been and had some deep wisdom in her witticisms.

"You gotta eat something made with love and joy....and be forgiven." [You eat that biscuit, Ole Munch, ya sin-eating sonofabitch!]

Season 5 of Fargo was great. Cast was fantastic all around.

I loved the final scenes between Ole Munch and Dot and the fam. Ole Munch talking about debt tied together that arching theme of the season well. And Dot's unending optimism to push through with forgiveness v. debt (and Ole Munch's sort of embodiment of capital "D" Debt) was really well done.

Ole Munch is probably up there with V.M. Varga as one of my favorite offbeat characters the show has given us.

Although Dot was probably the most "fun" (if that makes sense) character there has been and had some deep wisdom in her witticisms.

"You gotta eat something made with love and joy....and be forgiven." [You eat that biscuit, Ole Munch, ya sin-eating sonofabitch!]
Yeah, I felt like the ending was a bit of an homage to No Country For Old Men and Anton Chigurh’s final house call.

Last edited:
I'm so happy Fargo got good again. I've been loving this season. Two episodes to go for us.

Last edited:
I liked this season of Fargo, but didn't love it. It was really entertaining, but I don't think near the level of depth or intrigue as previous seasons. The final scene was great, but not sure I like how a lot of the plotlines ended this season. Some great performances (Temple), some maybe a little hammy for me (Leigh).

Here's how I'd rank the seasons:

One: 10/10
Two: 9/10
Three: 8/10
Four: DNF/10
Five: 7/10

Back