Television

Can't believe that there is only 1 episode of Barry left, feels like it's really hitting a great stride.

Sallys breakdown when realizing what she'd be going back to was a fantastic scene.
Didn't see Cousineau getting setup as manipulating Barry coming at all.
I want a NoHo Hank spinoff. The FUBAK's and missile scene were hysterical. "Why do I keep opening these boxes!"

Can't believe that there is only 1 episode of Barry left, feels like it's really hitting a great stride.

Sallys breakdown when realizing what she'd be going back to was a fantastic scene.
Didn't see Cousineau getting setup as manipulating Barry coming at all.
I want a NoHo Hank spinoff. The FUBAK's and missile scene were hysterical. "Why do I keep opening these boxes!"
Yeah, NoHo Hank scenes are much needed comedic relief at this point.

I'm getting a "Sorry, HBO Max isn't available in your region yet" message. We pay for it. So yeah, what the fuck? I already jiggled the handle. (restarted router)
Anyone else get this?

This. Mine automatically updated to Max but I read some people might need to download it.
Yeah, on Fire TV it auto updated, Apple TV did not. New interface looks clean. I don’t mind the move, but the dropping of their recognizable name is puzzling. Like Disney calling their service just “Plus”?

A friend made this t-shirt to celebrate the launch of Max.

I haven’t updated every iteration of HBO Max to MAX but I’m finding MAX works…terribly? Weird that they’d scrap the existing infrastructure and downgrade the user experience like that.
A slightly worse app, with a lot more shit to trudge through to find the good stuff. I love this stage of capitalism.

Only positive I've found is that all of Parts Unknown is back and I can dive into my rewatch.

A slightly worse app, with a lot more shit to trudge through to find the good stuff. I love this stage of capitalism.

Only positive I've found is that all of Parts Unknown is back and I can dive into my rewatch.
I haven't gotten a chance to open Max Yet. But I don't know if the HBO Max app was the model image of a perfectly functioning app. It crashed a lot during major premiers and finales.

I haven't gotten a chance to open Max Yet. But I don't know if the HBO Max app was the model image of a perfectly functioning app. It crashed a lot during major premiers and finales.
HBO is the model of how to not operate in the streaming era. If anyone remembers the HBOGo app, it was essentially unusable. HBO Max was a marked improvement, though you also had to download a completely separate app.

I’m beginning to think that HBO just keeps rushing things to market instead of building on what they already have. This new app caters to the casual streamer that throws on trash TV to pass the time, leaving hardcore movie/TV lovers in the dust.

Last edited:

Yeah, it took me way too long to find the latest episode of Succession. That shit should be front and center!

Back