Television

Catching up on Sandman.

I know this Netflix series is based off of a comic, but is there any connection to the video game Dreamfall / Dreamfall Chapters?

Particularly the crow. Same personality, and I think the same voice actor.

Catching up on Sandman.

I know this Netflix series is based off of a comic, but is there any connection to the video game Dreamfall / Dreamfall Chapters?

Particularly the crow. Same personality, and I think the same voice actor.
Highly recommend the comic book. I like the show, so not making a better/worse comparison. However, the comic makes a masterful use of paneling in progressing the story (especially when Dream is first a captive).

I do like in the show that they don't spell everything out, but readers of the comic would understand. For example, Death and Dream mention the prodigal son (readers of the comic will know which sibling that is, but the show doesn't tell you...yet). Not really easter eggs, but I like that they don't just spoon feed everything in the narrative.

Comics are easy to come by. They've been pressed in anthologies time and again (10 volumes), and you can readily find used copies.

The Rehearsal

Leading up to this finale I had read a lot of weird theories about what might happen, or what might be reveled in the finale. And I think it's great that it never did a big reveal of anything. We all kind of expected that, but that's not really this show. Ultimately, I feel like it's a much deeper meditation on Nathan Fielder himself than anything, or a mediation on the entire concept of the show and the ethical dilemmas inside of it. And I'm thrilled it got a season two order cause I can't wait to see what he does next.

With all the bad wigs on tv shows lately (looking at you For All Mankind and 5 Days At Memorial), I am nervous for House of the Dragons.
Dude, it’s HBO, if there’s one thing they can do it’s make excellent looking TV. Amazon and Apple will probably get there eventually HBO I am sure still has the names of all the GOT wardrobe and makeup people on file.

We will see if the storylines live up to the predecessor but I am certain it will at the very least look the part.

Dude, it’s HBO, if there’s one thing they can do it’s make excellent looking TV. Amazon and Apple will probably get there eventually HBO I am sure still has the names of all the GOT wardrobe and makeup people on file.

We will see if the storylines live up to the predecessor but I am certain it will at the very least look the part.

But will HBO still make great television under Discovery? Or will it suffer from a budget?

Yes but Apple and Amazon both have more money that anybody, you would think they could afford better quality wigs where you cannot see the weave.

Yes but Apple and Amazon both have more money that anybody, you would think they could afford better quality wigs where you cannot see the weave.
True but I read a good piece following the blowback after the first previews for Amazons LOTR series that while companies like Amazon and Apple have all the money they don’t have the infrastructure and experience already in place where as HBO has had Warner Bros backing for like 30+ years and Warner already has warehouses full of costumes and sets and everything else needed to make a movies resources that HBO can easily access. Apple and Amazon is still building up all that stuff up from scratch. Money is important but infrastructure and know how are needed too especially with some of these epic series they are putting together.

Last edited:
With all the bad wigs on tv shows lately (looking at you For All Mankind and 5 Days At Memorial), I am nervous for House of the Dragons.

Bad hair on FAM? I hadn't noticed. 😉

B486B22B-BD4A-433D-8999-4E5AC29195E3.jpeg4A6C263B-D40E-493A-81F0-7474796CBAB5.jpeg

Somebody on Reddit said that Jimmy looks like an adult version of Chucky and now I can't unsee it.

Back