Television

The House of the Dragon premiere

Not bad!

Very much so. I'm excited for the next episode.

One question that I have unreleased to the show per say, is I forget the story of the Mad King. It's been awhile. Anyone care to fill me in? And do the events of this show lead to the Mad King rising?

Also, anyone see the Twitter post about the whole apartment building watching the premiere last night? There is a video where through most of the windows windows the lighting within the apartments are changing in synchronization 🤣

I have seen the tweet on the Today Show, but I can't seem to find it via google to share.

Edit: found the same video on Reddit:

I agree! There was a really tough scene in there though.
Yeah, that was rough. Almost gratuitous. Still enjoyed the ep overall tho.

Very much so. I'm excited for the next episode.

One question that I have unreleased to the show per say, is I forget the story of the Mad King. It's been awhile. Anyone care to fill me in? And do the events of this show lead to the Mad King rising?

Also, anyone see the Twitter post about the whole apartment building watching the premiere last night? There is a video where through most of the windows windows the lighting within the apartments are changing in synchronization 🤣

I have seen the tweet on the Today Show, but I can't seem to find it via google to share.

Edit: found the same video on Reddit:

Mad King Aerys was the last Targaryen on the Iron Throne who was making a mess of things until he was killed by Jaime Lannister, his hand, and the throne deposed by Robert Baratheon. His surviving children, Viserys and Daenerys were banished to Essos, which of course lays the groundwork for GoT. There's a whole subplot with his son Rhaegar who dies before GoT too.

House of the Dragon takes place 200 years before this though, I don't think it'll go that far.

Not bad!
As someone who had to block Sundays for 10 years to watch Game of Thrones, this is a much anticipated show that's going to fill that void inside of me. Especially since GOT fans were handed such an awful end to the series.
Now try watching that scene next to your pregnant wife.

Not bad!

More like excellent!

Really enjoyed that opening episode- sets the series up really well

As someone who had to block Sundays for 10 years to watch Game of Thrones, this is a much anticipated show that's going to fill that void inside of me. Especially since GOT fans were handed such an awful end to the series.

Now try watching that scene next to your pregnant wife.
I finally got around to watching HotD and I am liking it so far. I am interested in where it goes. I did read all of the Martin Song of Ice and Fire books, but I didn't read HotD because I heard that it was more of a history text and quite a slog.

I finally got around to watching HotD and I am liking it so far. I am interested in where it goes. I did read all of the Martin Song of Ice and Fire books, but I didn't read HotD because I heard that it was more of a history text and quite a slog.
I had the HotD book on my phone for several months. Since it is written like a history book I would just read it in small chunks and it went down easier.

Big claps to Only Murders in the building finale - great stuff
This single went up on Mondo today... Limited to 1000 copies

A little pricey but nice for the Only Murders fans...

Back