Television

I have the Apple TV+ app on my Roku - I imagine your tv should have the same all available to download?
At a glance I didn't come across it last night, so it's not pre-installed. A Google search immediately came up with 'work arounds to get Apple on your Android TV.'
I'm sure there's a way...I'll dig deeper.

Mare of Easttown was a quality crime drama mini-series 👍👌 for all the reasons mentioned in this thread. Mare revealed the killer and ended with a twist but that's not what the show was about. Must watch TV 📺

I enjoyed Mare of Easttown a lot. And although I felt like I have slept on most new TV shows over the last year, I think this is one of the best ones I have seen in a while. I can get some of the complaints about the ending. And I have my own nitpicks, but overall I thought it was a great, satisfying end to a great show.

I enjoyed Mare of Easttown a lot. And although I felt like I have slept on most new TV shows over the last year, I think this is one of the best ones I have seen in a while. I can get some of the complaints about the ending. And I have my own nitpicks, but overall I thought it was a great, satisfying end to a great show.
I thought it was fantastic. And not that I didn't know Kate Winslet was excellent, but her performance was so moving throughout this series...I just don't have enough superlatives. The show for me was definitely more about the impact and ripples created by the crime than solving it. That was all done so, so well.

There was one kind of major thing that seemed to slip through, or maybe I missed something:

Mr. Carroll's missing gun was taken and replaced on the same night, how did he know it was gone? And one other thing, why would John want to kill Billy? Was he afraid Billy would confess that it was Ryan not John?

I thought it was fantastic. And not that I didn't know Kate Winslet was excellent, but her performance was so moving throughout this series...I just don't have enough superlatives. The show for me was definitely more about the impact and ripples created by the crime than solving it. That was all done so, so well.

There was one kind of major thing that seemed to slip through, or maybe I missed something:

Mr. Carroll's missing gun was taken and replaced on the same night, how did he know it was gone? And one other thing, why would John want to kill Billy? Was he afraid Billy would confess that it was Ryan not John?
I think Mr. Carroll went out to get his gun during that small time gap. That's when his wife had seen the creeper, that night. I believe. And he found it wasn't there. I think John probably just wanted a clean break. There would always be a chance, even if Billy "confessed" that he would eventually try to come clean, even years down the line behind bars. A staged suicide kind of puts it all to rest, especially since at that point it was thought that everybody "knew" it was Billy that had done it.

I think Mr. Carroll went out to get his gun during that small time gap. That's when his wife had seen the creeper, that night. I believe. And he found it wasn't there. I think John probably just wanted a clean break. There would always be a chance, even if Billy "confessed" that he would eventually try to come clean, even years down the line behind bars. A staged suicide kind of puts it all to rest, especially since at that point it was thought that everybody "knew" it was Billy that had done it.
Ok, that makes sense. I didn't rewatch the scene yet but I thought he said 'then a couple days later it was back' but I am probably misremembering that conversation.

As far as killing Billy, it just seems so extreme for that character to do that. And, maybe he wasn't actually going to do it...hard to say. That part I didn't consider a plot-hole, just more of a head scratcher.

And, luckily, none of that mattered as far as the impact of the ending...the scene in the kitchen with Lor was perfect...just brilliant.

Ok, that makes sense. I didn't rewatch the scene yet but I thought he said 'then a couple days later it was back' but I am probably misremembering that conversation.

As far as killing Billy, it just seems so extreme for that character to do that. And, maybe he wasn't actually going to do it...hard to say. That part I didn't consider a plot-hole, just more of a head scratcher.

And, luckily, none of that mattered as far as the impact of the ending...the scene in the kitchen with Lor was perfect...just brilliant.
Yeah, that's what I "think" anyway.....I did also try to trace my brain back when Ryan said he returned the gun the same night. I think too that Mr. Carroll didn't necessarily go BACK and find the gun that same night. That still could very well have been a couple days later or longer. Even though it was put back that same night, he didn't know it was there until he saw it next.

And yes, the performances were off the charts brilliant. Multiple times each episode I was in awe of the acting.

Finished Mare of Easttown last night. It was probably one of the best HBO series I've watched in a while. I had to decompress a bit after the finale.

Of all the disturbing things that happened on the show one big unanswered question I have is...

Given the circumstances of the murder confirmed at the end, why was Erin's body found with no clothes? Were they trying to make it look like she was assaulted?

RIP Zabel. That was a rough one.

Also, I grew up outside Philly (Chester County not Delco) and I kept thinking Come on, we didn't only eat Wawa hoagies and cheesesteaks from local pizza shops! But looking back...yeah, we kind of did.

Finished Mare of Easttown last night. It was probably one of the best HBO series I've watched in a while. I had to decompress a bit after the finale.

Of all the disturbing things that happened on the show one big unanswered question I have is...

Given the circumstances of the murder confirmed at the end, why was Erin's body found with no clothes? Were they trying to make it look like she was assaulted?

RIP Zabel. That was a rough one.
Dang, I didn't even think about that. Yeah......I guess it was part of their cover-up plan? Make it look like something specific. Also maybe they were worried about fingerprints.

Back