Television

Treme didn't keep my attention for some reason...I went in thinking I'd love it and yet, two tries and I stopped about the same time, towards the end of S1.
Loved Succession after thinking I'd dislike it.
Band of Brothers is A+ and Fargo I've enjoyed each season, but S1 was hard to top....fantastic.
Justified I really liked for a few seasons, I just wore out and didn't finish it.
Battlestar was good, but I don't think I finished it. I'm seeing a trend here.
Oooh, Mindhunter - I keep forgetting about that one. That or The Americans might be next.

And awhile back I think you recommended a German period piece type show, subtitled...I'd have to go back in the thread for that.
If you liked Band of Brothers you might the (sort of) sequel The Pacific. As well I recommend Generation Kill. Stay frosty!

LoD just never clicked with me, but I did like Bloodlands which just wrapped up a couple of weeks ago.
L o d ..it needs a re watch from the start imo ..I went back and blasted thru series 1 to 5 last year ..makes more sense when you spot all the little clues with hindsight...it’s always in danger of falling in on itself, but it’s not quite tipped over the edge yet ..

I’ve got bloodlands recorded ..so will give that a watch ..Jimmy Nesbit is always worth watching

If you haven't seen the show Terriers, it's worth a watch. It was only on for 1 season 10+ years ago before being cancelled. Recently re-watched it and still loved it. Have no idea where it's available though, I had it downloaded on my server.

And co-sign on Justified. Thought that show was great when it was on, probably will give it a second go on a binge watch.
Terriers is INCREDIBLE. Honestly sad there is no physical media for it as I imagine over time it will just be lost. I watch it every couple of years whenever I get really sick.

I might give it a whirl, and yet I keep striking out on HBO sci-fi stuff.
I didn't enjoy Westworld or Lovecraft Country, stalled on both.

I want something dark, and expertly written and acted...seems easy right? I can't watch The Wire a third time. Or can I?
Might head back for a Peaky Blinders re-watch.
I watched the first episode of the Nevers.
If you like Joss Wheaton, this is right in line with a lot of his other stuff. It wasn't terribly compelling, not a must watch, but if Joss does what Joss does best, he's setting us up to fall in love with these characters. I'm not sure if I'm sold but I'll definitely watch the next episode.

If you like Vera Farmiga, Bates Motel was pretty enjoyable. Definitely dark and creepy, but not hard to watch. Not sure if it's streaming anywhere though - maybe on amazon prime?

American Crime Story: The People V. OJ Simpson was pretty great, too. [netflix]

Rutherford Falls on Peacock is actually pretty good. I was curious because it's a new Michael Schur show, and although it's not quite on the level of Parks and Rec or The Good Place, it's still pretty solid. Not as consistently laugh out loud funny, but it's telling a longer story (like TGP) and it has kept me interested so far. Funny lines, yes, good characters, and it's definitely building a world out, but don't expect laughs on laughs on laughs. Still recommend trying it. It's the first Peacock original that I've actually watched and enjoyed pretty much all the way through (almost finished).

The show is set in the 90's and contains a lot of good 90's vibes and music.

The show takes place in multiple different time periods telling the the story of what happened over 3 years or so.

A popular girl goes missing for a year. The lead character Jeanette goes from nerdy to popular and takes the social status / place of the popular girl who went missing. Including her boyfriend.

When the missing girl is rescued, she states that Jeanette found her months ago and promised to go get help to rescue her. But never came back with help.

Jeanette says she never found her. And it's one girl's word against the others as the mystery and legal battles unravel.

Finished Rutherford Falls, and yeah still like and recommend.

decided to try out Mr. Mayor because I still have 6 days left or this premium trial. And hey this show is really great too! Like way better than I expected

The show is set in the 90's and contains a lot of good 90's vibes and music.

The show takes place in multiple different time periods telling the the story of what happened over 3 years or so.

A popular girl goes missing for a year. The lead character Jeanette goes from nerdy to popular and takes the social status / place of the popular girl who went missing. Including her boyfriend.

When the missing girl is rescued, she states that Jeanette found her months ago and promised to go get help to rescue her. But never came back with help.

Jeanette says she never found her. And it's one girl's word against the others as the mystery and legal battles unravel.

Is it good?

Back