Television

while watching legend of korra on netflix (its good but its not TLA good, i mean that show changed modern animation in a major way)... and i found this subtitle that i think ex VMP forum members would find interesting
VMP.PNG

Anyone ever watch Gamechanger? I think it's on Hulu in the U.S. Roisin Conaty is pretty great and the trainwreck of her existence is the uplifting comedy that's sometimes exactly what the Dr. ordered.

Anyone catch the Paris Hilton doc "This Is Paris"? Streaming on YouTube, I felt it was a well done look behind the curtains. It dives deep into the rise of the influencer, the abuse she experienced at the hand of a Provo boarding school, and juggling fame. It's an interesting look into the psyche of what most perceive as a shallow, entitled person that has no business of being in the spotlight.

I thought the abuse portion was going to be more of a he said/she said first person anecdotal interview, but they pivoted hard and went straight into a full blown survivor segment, complete with all her classmates. It reminded me a lot of the Jeffrey Epstein doc, so there's obviously some trigger warning things in here. I wouldn't be surprised if the school has a new found reckoning (apparently there's already several employees in jail or legal trouble because of the abuse).

Anyways, my wife wanted to watch and I had my thoughts going into it, but I think it's worth a watch, especially if you grew up with the "Simple Life" Paris, which apparently was a character she was playing. It shined a new light on her in my eyes.

DC UNIVERSE INFINITE will be available online at DCUniverseInfinite.com, iOS and Android devices for $7.99 a month or $74.99 a year ($6.25 a month). On February 1, 2021, every DC UNIVERSE INFINITE subscriber, existing members or those joining during the pre-order offer window will receive a special thank you voucher redeemable at the DC Shop subject to terms and conditions. Annual subscribers will receive a $25 voucher, while monthly subscribers will receive a $10 voucher.

Will I have access to DC UNIVERSE INFINITE on my TV or Amazon tablet?

In December of 2020 DC UNIVERSE will no longer be available on Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon TV and tablet, and Xbox apps.

DC Universe Infinite will be comics only. No Video. In December the existing DC Universe video apps will be going away. All content will be moved to HBO MAX. Let's hope HBO MAX gets 4K and HDR by then, otherwise we will lose that feature of DC Universe shows.

DC Universe Infinite will be comics only. No Video. In December the existing DC Universe video apps will be going away. All content will be moved to HBO MAX. Let's hope HBO MAX gets 4K and HDR by then, otherwise we will lose that feature of DC Universe shows.
As a DC comics kid, it hurts so much to see WB and DC just continually fail to do...everything.

...But Batman
Yes & no. If anything, putting all their eggs in the Batman basket further illustrates that they don't really understand the true value of their IP, so they're just strip mining the only property that is reliably profitable no matter what. Too much of a good thing isn't a good thing.

Yes & no. If anything, putting all their eggs in the Batman basket further illustrates that they don't really understand the true value of their IP, so they're just strip mining the only property that is reliably profitable no matter what. Too much of a good thing isn't a good thing.
Totally agree, my comment was a bit in jest. Batman is one of my favorite titles (though I was a Marvel kid growing up). It is nice that it has helped keep DC afloat over the past 30 years but like you said the law of diminishing returns is a problem. Especially since they have a lot of great untapped properties you just wish they would get someone great to steer the ship.

I just finished S2 the other night - it’s a fun series, super nostalgic for the 80’s !
I feel like I read somewhere that the actor that played Johnny recently died, correct? Is the show continuing on? Wasn’t It part of a YouTube streaming service? So many questions that a cursory Wikipedia search could likely answer.

I feel like I read somewhere that the actor that played Johnny recently died, correct? Is the show continuing on? Wasn’t It part of a YouTube streaming service? So many questions that a cursory Wikipedia search could likely answer.
Answers: Not dead, originally aired on YouTube but rights were recently acquired by Netflix who will be releasing a 3rd season in 2021.

As a DC comics kid, it hurts so much to see WB and DC just continually fail to do...everything.
I started Gotham last week (lots of episodes to binge) and I'm really enjoying it. I like how they weave the 'younger' villains into the story.

Watching Cobra Kai. For an 80s kid, it is a great follow up to Karate Kid, which we will be watching with our kids tonight.
Its absolutely fantastic. The references to the films are hilarious and its such a well-written story. I streamed it when it first came to youtube but im glad its now on Netflix, I might binge it again at some point.

Back