Television

Lol....that's what I started doing. I watched the first two seasons but never anything after that. And I really like them, but life...ya know. I started from the beginning today.
It's one of the few shows I wish I could re-experience a first watch for again. I think I also loved it so much because having to wait a week between episodes really built up the excitement around watching it. It was such a big TV event--I remember for the last season, bars near me had TV watching parties and the bars were absolutely silent while it aired haha. Hope you enjoy it!

I was talking about BCS...that’s what I’m catching up with.
I’m assuming by “big TV event” you mean BB? I’ve watched all of that long ago. Although I should rewatch it. Such a great show.
Ah gotcha. Yes. No bars near me are showing BCS hehe. I’ll catch up one of these days on Saul!

Is Better Call Saul season 5 not streaming anywhere? I downloaded the AMC app for my Roku but there was only the latest episode and I’m not paying $4.99 to watch it on AMC’s premium service.

To the dark corners of the web I go...

Is Better Call Saul season 5 not streaming anywhere? I downloaded the AMC app for my Roku but there was only the latest episode and I’m not paying $4.99 to watch it on AMC’s premium service.

To the dark corners of the web I go...
Not sure. They used to keep episodes on for 6 weeks then before the next season airs they put them on Netflix. That’s why I stopped watching after season 2. Just couldn’t find it anywhere!

Finished His Dark Material. Really looking forward to season 2 which I hear is still on track for later this year.

Will likely start reading the books as well.

Watching Sharp Objects now.

Sharp Objects is soooo good. I stopped His Dark Materials halfway through but the books run among my all-time favorites (which is something I've said here before).

Last edited:
Haven't posted in here for awhile. The quarantine sent me down a video game rabbit hole as I suddenly had more mental energy than after a typical work day when I tend to crave a more passive form of entertainment. Lots of Animal Crossing, and I finally dove into Red Dead Redemption 2.

That said, I did get around to a couple of things.

A) I watched Killing Eve specifically because of all the love it receives on here. S1 was fucking excellent. S2 less so but I was still fully engaged because Villainelle is easily one of the best characters on TV even if I missed the grounded nature of Pheobe's writing. I'm skeptical of S3 based on what little I've read.

B) I watched Dead to Me at my cousin's urging. I think it took my all of a day and a half to binge the whole thing. Much like Killing Eve, it felt like S2 became less nuanced as a character study, and more-so pure entertainment in S2. That said, the transformation mostly worked for me. It sort of adopts the tone of Weeds earlier seasons (before it went of the rails). The two lead actresses are so fucking good that it allowed me to take leaps in faith as it pertains to things like repeated coincidences. As a Freaks and Geeks worshiper, it's been really fun to see Linda in such a strong role and absolutely nailing it. My only real complaints are that 1) (much like Weeds S3) the writers have written themselves into a hole that is going to be hard to escape while maintaining any sense of realism 2) the way the season ends is soapy as fuck and 3) all of the male characters are either unbearable c*nts or cringe-worthy pushy-overs.

C) I'm in the middle of Waco and enjoying it. I wouldn't say it's incredible or anything. The script is flawed in places, but the filmmaking itself is solid and the acting is really good. Sure does feel like they are doing their best to gloss over the darker sides of the cult though.

D) As an Alex Garland fanboy... I'm glad I watched Devs, but it definitely left me disappointed. It felt like he had been binging Britt Marling's work while writing it as it has her heady but often hokey (and borderline religious) tone. Don't get me wrong- I like Marling and was pissed when the OA was cancelled (because S2 was excellent), but her works are almost always flawed in some way that leaves me wondering whether I loved or hated it (Eye Orgins, the first season of the OA). With Devs, the first 4 episodes were excellent, but I felt it went downhill from there.

E) This one is the most important because I didn't see anybody mention in when I browsed the previous 6 or so pages. The first season of Dave is my favorite thing I've watched all year. The easiest way to describe it might to be to call it Atlanta meets Louie with a touch of Apatow. It's proof that comedy can be ballsy and hilarious while also gracefully handling serious topics like racial and sexual dynamics in 2020. It just gets better and better as it goes along, and a couple episodes were straight up powerful. Cannot recommend it enough.

Last edited:
Haven't posted in here for awhile. The quarantine sent me down a video game rabbit hole as I suddenly had more mental energy than after a typical work day when I tend to crave a more passive form of entertainment. Lots of Animal Crossing, and I finally got around the Red Dead Redemption 2.

A) I watched Killing Eve specifically because of all the love it receives on here. S1 was fucking excellent. S2 less so but I was still fully engaged because Villainelle is easily one of the best characters on TV even if I missed the grounded nature of Pheobe's writing. I'm skeptical of S3 based on what little I've read.

B) I watched Dead to Me at my cousin's urging. I think it took my all of a day and a half to binge the whole thing. Much like Killing Eve, it felt like S2 became less nuanced as a character study, and more-so pure entertainment in S2. That said, the transformation mostly worked for me. It sort of adopts the tone of Weeds earlier seasons (before it went of the rails). The two lead actresses are so fucking good that it allowed me to take leaps in faith as it pertains to things like repeated coincidences. As a Freaks and Geeks worshiper, it's been really fun to see Linda in such a strong role and absolutely nailing it. My only real complaints are that 1) (much like Weeds S3) the writers have written themselves into a hole that is going to be hard to escape while maintaining any sense of realism 2) the way the season ends is soapy as fuck and 3) all of the male characters are either unbearable c*nts or cringe-worthy pushy-overs.

C) I'm in the middle of Waco and enjoying it. I wouldn't say it's incredible or anything. The script is flawed in places, but the filmmaking itself is solid and the acting is really good. Sure does feel like they are doing their best to gloss over the darker sides of the cult though.

D) As an Alex Garland fanboy... I'm glad I watched Devs, but it definitely left me disappointed. It felt like he had been binging Britt Marling's work while writing it as it has her heady but often hokey (and borderline religious) tone. Don't get me wrong- I like Marling and was pissed when the OA was cancelled (because S2 was excellent), but her works are almost always flawed in some way that leaves me wondering whether I loved or hated it (Eye Orgins, the first season of the OA). With Devs, the first 4 episodes were excellent, but I felt it went downhill from there.

E) This one is the most important because I didn't see anybody mention in when I browsed the previous 6 or so pages. The first season of Dave is my favorite thing I've watched all year. The easiest way to describe it might to be to call it Atlanta meets Louie with a touch of Apatow. It's proof that comedy can be ballsy and hilarious while also gracefully handling serious topics like racial and sexual dynamics in 2020. It just gets better and better as it goes along, and a couple episodes were straight up powerful. Cannot recommend it enough.

A) S1 of KE is so great that any season after is bound to (slightly) disappoint. That being said, I’m still a fan. Jodie and Sandra are just so great in their rolls.

B) Weeds is a great comparison to S2
of Dead to Me!!! And agrrrd about the leads, they are just killing it this season.

E) I binged Dave over a weekend recently and loved it. I compared it to You’re the Worst meets Atlanta so we’re not that far off.

Haven't posted in here for awhile. The quarantine sent me down a video game rabbit hole as I suddenly had more mental energy than after a typical work day when I tend to crave a more passive form of entertainment. Lots of Animal Crossing, and I finally got around the Red Dead Redemption 2.

I just caught up on S3 of KE. And I was thinking to myself that it's back to being as good as S1. S3E5 is excellent. I agree, S2 kinda was disappointing. So I'm happy to be enjoying S3 again. And there is a bit more focus on Villainelle in S3. She has some moments that have me laughing out loud. She really is one of the best characters on TV.

Agreed a ton on Dead To Me. I’m just halfway into S2. Yeah it feels different than the first, but like you said the two leads are so good I almost don’t care that it’s not as good. Also Freaks and Geeks fan here too...love every time Linda shows up in something.

Devs had a great premise...I think, but it just didn’t fully come together and I wouldn’t even recommend it to anyone. I was enjoying it a lot at first - hoping for a killer payoff - but it did feel like it didn’t lead to anything amazing.

I'm glad you posted this, I'm five episodes in and have similar feelings as you. If it helps any, the tone shifts a bit starting with episode 3 (evidently they had 4 directors do 2 episodes each) I'm really digging the music and would grab the soundtrack once released on vinyl but for now it feels like I just want to be done with the 8th episode to see if it's been worth watching.

I just finished the last episode of "The Eddy". I had really gotten into the characters, and I felt like it was headed for a satisfying conclusion, and then, it landed in a place I wasn't expecting. Trying not to venture into spoiler territory. Definitely has its flaws, but overall I enjoyed it.

Last edited:
FINALLY! A scene that was actually a little bit amusing in Run. The karaoke bar scene with Phoebe and the cop.

Otherwise, this show irks me. Such a waste. Great actors/actresses. Horrible characters. And it never really felt like it got off the ground. One more episode left - so a 7 episode season? Blech.

FINALLY! A scene that was actually a little bit amusing in Run. The karaoke bar scene with Phoebe and the cop.

Otherwise, this show irks me. Such a waste. Great actors/actresses. Horrible characters. And it never really felt like it got off the ground. One more episode left - so a 7 episode season? Blech.
I’m like halfway through the episodes released so far. It’s...fine I guess. Merritt Wever is great, but I don’t know what to care about or if I should even care when watching the two characters.

Run - just let it end already. Such a waste of such talented actors.

The Eddy - music was great and I loved the vibe of the grittier side of Paris but overall, I pretty much hated most of the storylines and a few of the characters.

Never Have I Ever - super cute series! It's so refreshing to see such a diverse cast on tv.

Back