Television

Did you enjoy Big Little Lies? Gotta suggest Little Fires Everywhere. The first three eps are on Hulu. And although the book has been on my radar since it came out, I never read it. Anyway, it's on a similar level in terms of some themes (and characters) that Big Little Lies had. Although it being on Hulu definitely shows they don't have quite the same budget as BLL. That aside, I recommend it.

Really digging this so far and last night's episode's was the best one yet. I don't like Kerry Washington's character at all so far but I know something is going to happen to redeem her.

Really digging this so far and last night's episode's was the best one yet. I don't like Kerry Washington's character at all so far but I know something is going to happen to redeem her.
Does Kerry Washington always sneer like that? Because yeah, it makes her character very unlikeable. Even when someone is being completely fine and innocent, Kerry is sneering. I didn't watch Scandal, was the sneer there?

Anyone here watching Motherland Fort Salem?

I just watched the first two episodes and thought it was quite good and well produced.

The show is set in a world where the entire American military is made up of female Witches. The show follows a group of 18 year old girls who were drafted. They are training at For Salem to join the battle against terrorist, which are a group of witches determined free witches from the servitude of serving in the military.

Anyone here watching Motherland Fort Salem?

I just watched the first two episodes and thought it was quite good and well produced.

The show is set in a world where the entire American military is made up of female Witches. The show follows a group of 18 year old girls who were drafted. They are training at For Salem to join the battle against terrorist, which are a group of witches determined free witches from the servitude of serving in the military.
I watched the first episode. I'll watch the 2nd today. It is a very interesting idea that I hope plays out well. I started to get a little bit bored at the end of the first. But I am hoping that it settles into a groove.

I've decided i don't like Devs. I don't get it. I don't feel connected to any character. And i really don't like Lilly. Maybe it's the acting style, it's odd to me. Almost like an awestruck toddler. Which conflicts with the tech smartie she's supposed to be.

Haven't watched the last episode yet but man, Picard really turned out be sort of a turd, huh? You got 21st century special effects and a correspondingly respectable budget, beloved characters, decades of mythos, Patrick Stewart in his most beloved role, the Pulitzer-winning Michael Chabon and his no-slouch-in-the-writing-department-wife Ayelet Waldman in the writers room, the format and platform for a serious, longform story, and carte blanche to do the first post-Nemesis Star Trek story ever, and this was the best you could do? It's downright baffling.

Finished Tiger King last night and it’s probably my favorite thing I’ve seen this year. This story is fucking insane.

anyway, here are two tweets about it that I found especially funny. They’re just about brief moments in the series, nothing spoiler-y.

It is wild. I convinced my dad to watch and he's now fascinated. The rest of my family asked what it is all about and i said:

I have seen 3 episodes. The following have occurred: guns, tigers, lions, a tiger tearing off an arm, multiple dental issues, lots of awful hair, cults, sex, a murder, guns, music videos, hair, a 3 way wedding, guns, diary reading, drugs, illegal animal smuggling, guns, underage marriage, swimming with elephants, guns.

Back